New for McGrew this year... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Registration for the 2nd blue 60 is on its way :) Bob n Sue

I won't have the sixty this year, I'm still in the process of building my new house and have had no time to get it ready. I'll be in my Tundra, but the whole family will be there this year. Josh

Registration should have arrived by now (Lincoln), the family and I (5 and 7 year old boys and the wife) will be camping up near Roseburg for a few days prior, any chance the "store" would allow the pop-up to be stored there for a couple of days?

Registration should have arrived by now (Lincoln), the family and I (5 and 7 year old boys and the wife) will be camping up near Roseburg for a few days prior, any chance the "store" would allow the pop-up to be stored there for a couple of days?

Looking to camp at the store for a couple of days or leave the pop up for the run and come back and get after (meaning no pop up down at camp?). If it's a storage issue you can store it at my house behind a locked gate as long as it fits, it's normally where my 80 resides.

Sorry, haven't checked the mail for several days. I'll PM you when I find it.

Just in case you were thinking about it, I think a few folks are going into camp the Friday before on the USFS route (easy) , dropping camp gear, & meeting back at Store by 9AM on Saturday (start of formal run)

The manager at the store is very accommodating. I'm thinking you'll be able to work something out with him by phone @ 541-596-2555

Thanks TOY350, I thought about leaving it at the store since I thought that I couldn't get the popup down to the campsite but that is sounding like it is a possibility given Jeff's reply...USFS route. If it is, we may do the Friday in and blow out for the run on Saturday. If we don't I'd appreciate your offer but it also sounds like leaving it at the store would be an option.

Jeff, no worries on the registration, I'm sure it will get there. Thanks for the store info.

Anyone have either route (USGS easy/formal run) GPS'd by chance?

Just a quick update ...

The West Coast FJ Trail Team has just confirmed attendance. They will also be setting up a winch/recovery seminar in camp for anyone interested. Ron Q. will be the lead driver (who I think will be the only one that has done the run with us from a few years back)

Wow... its almost that time already.... I think I still have dust on my 60 from last year.

Looking forward. :clap:
:cool:

Hey, My son Evan and I are coming again this year. And we've managed to talk the :princess: into coming too (under the guise that we're visiting potential colleges for Evan along the way). And by the way, I'm still trying to "buff out" the pin striping my FJ-62 got in 2005. This year I plan to bring both a machete and a chain saw - bring on those pine branches, I'm ready! :grinpimp:

--tom

Hey, My son Evan and I are coming again this year. And we've managed to talk the :princess: into coming too (under the guise that we're visiting potential colleges for Evan along the way). And by the way, I'm still trying to "buff out" the pin striping my FJ-62 got in 2005. This year I plan to bring both a machete and a chain saw - bring on those pine branches, I'm ready! :grinpimp:

--tom

Aren't the scratches a badge of honor?
:cool:

Hopefully we will have more details on the format after Rubithon, I will be hitting up Tony for the plans this year.

PNW4WDA & Klamath 4Runners had their Fathers Day 27th Annual Oregon Creek & Trail on the McGrew this last weekend. I talked to a couple guys coming out @ the trailhead. They said they had 71 rigs sign up & they had a great time. They had the same experiance as we did last year with the USFS inspecting all the rigs at the trailhead for dirt in small groups. The USFS did turn vehicles around on their run if they found dirt up in the fenders.

TOY350,
We're counting on you to lead whoever wants to go in Friday with you. The official run is the usual meet at the O'Brien Store at 9 am on Saturday the 26th.

TOY350,
We're counting on you to lead whoever wants to go in Friday with you. The official run is the usual meet at the O'Brien Store at 9 am on Saturday the 26th.

Sounds good Jeff, I will start planning for that.

With Rubithon now in the books, Garrett and I both can turn our attention to McGrew. I am very excited about this years event (ya, I know, but I've been busy) and have some nice stuff lined up for us.

Many folks at Rubithon noting attending McGrew this year... I think we're going to see a lot of our regulars and many new faces.

Jeff, drop me a phone call and lets chat...

Oh, and no stock red truck for me this year, bringing the 85 4Runner with some 33s...

See ya!

Give me a call Jeff, I PM'ed my info.

Thanks,
Garett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom