New dissent offroad no cut rear bumper! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ohh... I like this. Would match my Dissent front quite nicely :) How much are these expected to cost without swingouts?

Is it possible to use the factory tow hitch in conjunction with the aluminum version of this bumper? I tow a racecar on the weekends and would like to maintain max towing capacity

Is it possible to use the factory tow hitch in conjunction with the aluminum version of this bumper? I tow a racecar on the weekends and would like to maintain max towing capacity
No, however the max capacity is not an issue with the provided tow package. Also through bolts can be added that would likely increase the capacity beyond the factory tow hitch.

I am excited to see this with the swingouts mounted and some powdercoat! This looks amazing. Great work Ben!

IMG_1834.JPG
Got some tow time in on the bumper.
About 6k lbs without issues!

@benc .....I've got a few questions. I've read through this thread a few times and still wasn't sure on this stuff.....

#1. Is the bumper itself 3 pieces? Left, Right, Center tow piece?

#2. How do the catches for the swingout latches mount? I watched the video on the latches on your instagram, but its hard to tell.

#3. If I add the swing outs later, will the whole bumper have to come off to mount the swing outs and swing out catches? It seems like the cross member would be in the way of accessing the underside of the top of the bumper and maybe also the points where the swing arms bolt on once mounted up.

#4. Have you had anyone Line-X one of your bumpers? Do you see any issues in doing so? I live in the midwest and drive my truck year round and winter salt is an issue for me. I prefer the more "beefy" nature of the steel bumper (not to mention the price) but I have had issues in the past with powder coating holding up long term especially in the winter. Line-X is kind of my go-to for metal things on my trucks and protects the metal a lot better IMO long term. Just wasn't sure if it could cause issues with possibly mounting the swing outs or the swing out catches or the hitch adapter, or if it would cause the swingout catches to be too high and cause issues there too. I ask because Line-X is somewhat thicker than powder coat, although I'm not sure by how much. I guess while I'm asking, would the line-x cause issues on your front bumper with small stinger for LX470 either?

#5. On the earlier pictures in the post, the backup lights were mounted inside of the tow points. In the last picture they are outside of the tow points. I assume outside the tow points is what they are going to be in the final version?

#6. Does the bumper and swing outs ship normal UPS in a box or something or does it need to ship freight on a pallet or ???

Sorry for all the questions, but I don't think I saw answers for any of them anywhere in the thread. I'm pretty sure I want to get in on the intro offer if its still available. I'll PM you my info right now. Thanks for taking the time to answer and happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
@benc
Would love to hear any updates on your thoughts for an aluminum version with steel swingouts as you mentioned earlier. My 100 needs to go on a diet. Cheers!

@benc
Would love to hear any updates on your thoughts for an aluminum version with steel swingouts as you mentioned earlier. My 100 needs to go on a diet. Cheers!
Soon.
Once the steel is 100% finished I'll do a prototype out of aluminum. Got a few custom builds in the shop right now that I need to finish up first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom