New CSC member Walter (Walkerbar) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please welcome new member # 399 Walter Alexander Barrios (@WalkerBar).

Walter owns a 1997 Lexus LX450.

Welcome to the club Walert. Please tell us more about yourself and post up some pictures of your Land Cruiser.

Welcome aboard!

Hi Walter, details on your 450?

Hey Good Morning Every one. Thank you for the warm greetings. Here is a little info I posted earlier on my self and I have added more today.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Walter and I am new to FJ80's and to ih8mud.com as well. I just got a 1997 Lexus LX450 that is going to need some work. Some of which I have started with the help of this forum. This old dog has 256,000 miles on the odometer and is pretty much stock. The motor and transmission seem to be in good condition and gets me down the road. She is no speed demon so I have decided to call her FLASH. I have no previous history on this FJ because I bought it at auction. So I am trying to base line the condition of the mechanics on it.

Here is a list of stuff I am doing and have done in the past 3 weeks to this new ride:

1. Due to noisy power steering and fluid leaks I have changed out the the power steering pump, all the hoses, cracked open the reservoir and cleaned out the nasty screen , flushed the system, added a power steering fluid filter. All went back together well and the noise is no long present.

2. I also changed the window regulator motor on the driver side rear and front window. Windows go up and down now!!!

3. I stripped out all the nasty old tint some one added to the beast. Cleaned and conditioned the front seats. The drivers seat will need some attention as there are rips in it.

4. I currently have some type of transmission fluid leak. I plan on addressing that soon. ( leak is centered around the transmission) UPDATE : I found the transmission to be seriously over filled. Adjusted the amount of fluid and now the leak is gone :)

5. I plan on changing all of the fluids and checking for more leaks. Does any one have recommendations on differental fluid, what do you guy use, weight and brand.

6. I ordered my first MOD . I have the CDL switch on its way. and want to do the Pin 7 by pass. UPDATE: (LAKELAND Toyota sent me the wrong part) I got the front and rear dif lock. Not the CDL. Oh well I will order it from some one else.

7. The weekend of 1/28/2017 changed the gears in the front seats so now they move back and forth. The gears were extremely worn down.

8. I have an oil leak that I have not determined if it is the oil pan or the rear main seal. I think it is the oil pan and will start there this weekend.

9. I have a "sway" some times when I drive around. I am determining what other modifications I am going to add that will add weight to the vehicle and plan on ordering a OME 2.5 inch lift. Any one know who has the best deals on this?

I could go on with the list of stuff that I want to do but there is so much :).

I look forward to finishing all the necessary repairs and meeting the group at a get together soon.

Thank you for all the information posted. I have a lot to learn.

Here is a Picture of my LX450.

IMG_3998.JPG

:cheers:

Welcome to the group!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom