New Bumper is on!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great. Luke does awesome work.

That ladder is a tad close to the body, so make sure you don't back into any trees or it may flex enough (or the body may flex enough) to do some damage.

Shaving off some frame is a great thing to do. Folks don't realize what every little bit can do to the departure angle till they really look at it.

Did he say if the main swingout arms were .120 or .134? Just curious as you know I'm fixin to start my ladder soon. :D

congrats :cheers:

That is an awesome bumber :cheers:
Seems like all the good fab shops are on the West Coast.
Any quality East Coast shops

[quote author=SHAMROX80 link=board=2;threadid=9684;start=msg85586#msg85586 date=1073416765]
Any quality East Coast shops[/quote]

No. That's one reason I decided to learn how to do it myself.

Lobsterfab is on the East coast and, in the past, I've heard good things about their work.
-B-

Oh well.

How far are you from Golden, CO? :D

-B-

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=9684;start=msg85732#msg85732 date=1073427043]
Nope, they are out of business.
[/quote]

Lance isn't doing any fab work?

Very cool!

Post contact info for vendor if they want business...looks like folks are interested.

[quote author=cruiserman link=board=2;threadid=9684;start=msg85753#msg85753 date=1073428644]
Lance isn't doing any fab work? [/quote]
Klunky, BK and a bunch of guys went to the farm to help with TJK's SOA on the pig, and I know Lance did some work on his pig too, but his priorities have changed after having a kid. Haven't talked to him for awhile, but don't think it's changed much.

[quote author=ginericfj80 link=board=2;threadid=9684;start=msg85750#msg85750 date=1073428318]
http://www.upnover.com/
I'm not sure what they make anymore but it is on the East Coast.
[/quote]

Forgot about those guys :slap:.

Good friend of mine used to work there. Haven't seen a lot of their stuff close up, but from what I hear they are good to work with. I know they were working on a rear bumper, but never looked closely at it. Was busy drooling over Christo's old yellow truck and tripping over my feet watching Robbie fix everything on my truck. :D

NICE!!!
Better than the prototype I saw when I was last at 4x4labs. Luke's great to work with.

Congrats Jeff. Now that it's too late to change... ;)...how's the visibility out the rear with the tire on the left side?

Doug

I gotta say, I like the tire on the left. I turn my head around, and I mostly see out the right anyhow. The visibility is not bad at all, I think it would be worse with it on the right. The ones he fabbed after mine are even cleaner, the top ladder bar follows the roof line, so it seems tighter, the tire mount is a lug nut style rather than the big ass wing-nut thing....

Now i gotta go abuse it....where's this Jan 17th Snow Run, I keep hearing about????

For those curious all the contact info is at http://www.4x4labs.com

Jan 17th snow run...either Wentworth Springs road out of Georgetown, or Mormon Emmigrant Trail off hwy 50 near Pollock Pines. We'll probably have a half dozen 80's, plus a few 60s. PM me and I'll make sure you get the last-minute details of where and when. And bring that cooler of Lagunitas!

And my new "LukeBuilt" bumber is on as well. Here it is with the lights option. I love it and it's functionality.

What did that bumper set you back ?

I got the prototype, so my costs may not reflect what Luke is selling them for now he has it developed. Best to check with him at www.4x4labs.com.

A member of LSLC has a rear ladder that mounts to the lift-gate. I suppose it could really f up the lift gate if the ladder were backed into a tree, but aside from that is there any other major advantage to the bumper-mounted ladder?

-Garth

[quote author=Garth1 link=board=2;threadid=9684;start=msg87090#msg87090 date=1073603885]
I suppose it could really f up the lift gate if the ladder were backed into a tree, [/quote]

Naww , just cram a few tea towels between it and the body ;)

T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom