New 99 LX in Charlotte (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long time 4Runner owner here and just made the switch to a 100 series. Found this 99 in wonderful condition with 155k miles. Would love to chat with original owner if you’re in here. (I am third owner, and second owner only had for a month) This truck was a longtime Oregon resident, and made a brief move to California with same original owner based on the CarFax. Was shipped to SC by the second owner. Will upload more pictures soon! But was excited to post.

It has a recently installed Dobinsons kit, with 35” Falken Wildpeaks, which fit OK due to some wheel spacers. I would love to remove the wheel spacers ASAP and will be looking for advice on how to get the tires to clear in their absence - it looks like they run the control arms so maybe it’s like a 4Runner, and needs new upper arms? It also has one CV that pops occasionally and is need of a replacement.
Will be replacing those ASAP as well. Still feels like a brick house though compared to even a 5th gen 4Runner.
IMG_5381.jpeg

The second owner only had it a month? How come? And did he install the tires and lift? Wonder why he would go through the trouble to buy it, drop some money on it, ship it to SC and the sell it? Was he flipping it perhaps?

The second owner only had it a month? How come? And did he install the tires and lift? Wonder why he would go through the trouble to buy it, drop some money on it, ship it to SC and the sell it? Was he flipping it perhaps?
I believe the first owner sold to a dealer/flipper, who did a fair bit of work to it (lift, reupholstery, tires etc) then sold to the second owner, who got an allotment for an Integra Type S soon after he bought this, and put it up for sale.

I believe the first owner sold to a dealer/flipper, who did a fair bit of work to it (lift, reupholstery, tires etc) then sold to the second owner, who got an allotment for an Integra Type S soon after he bought this, and put it up for sale.
It is definitely odd, but the truck is incredibly clean and I couldn’t pass it up.

That actually makes more sense to me that other scenarios. Nice looking rig! IMO even older 100 series are much better than even the newer 4Runners. I took a ride in my bosses 2021 4Runner and was just thinking how much better built my 99 feels.

That actually makes more sense to me that other scenarios. Nice looking rig! IMO even older 100 series are much better than even the newer 4Runners. I took a ride in my bosses 2021 4Runner and was just thinking how much better built my 99 feels.
Thanks! I totally agree

Welcome!

Old 4th gen 4R owner here and was also amazed how much nicer the 100 is. It’s just better across the board.

@mschwep Download the FSM and EWD from the Resources section. Join ONSC (@SFROMAN is waiting for your dues). Oh, and put all that stuff in your signature so you don't have to write it out again!

Welcome.

Long time 4Runner owner here and just made the switch to a 100 series. Found this 99 in wonderful condition with 155k miles. Would love to chat with original owner if you’re in here. (I am third owner, and second owner only had for a month) This truck was a longtime Oregon resident, and made a brief move to California with same original owner based on the CarFax. Was shipped to SC by the second owner. Will upload more pictures soon! But was excited to post.

It has a recently installed Dobinsons kit, with 35” Falken Wildpeaks, which fit OK due to some wheel spacers. I would love to remove the wheel spacers ASAP and will be looking for advice on how to get the tires to clear in their absence - it looks like they run the control arms so maybe it’s like a 4Runner, and needs new upper arms? It also has one CV that pops occasionally and is need of a replacement.
Will be replacing those ASAP as well. Still feels like a brick house though compared to even a 5th gen 4Runner.
View attachment 3436323
Oh yeah! Twins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom