New 80 Series Tailgate Storage option from Notch @ Back Bay Customs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi. Just curious - do you have one of the final version back yet that you could post up pics of? Thanks.

Availability and pricing?

Hi. Just curious - do you have one of the final version back yet that you could post up pics of? Thanks.

The first batch is due in about 12 days. I'll put one together and take pictures so everyone can see what it looks like as far as design and colors.

Availability and pricing?

They should be ready to ship in a couple weeks. I'm going to do an introductory price of $580 shipped in the continental US for the first kits out the door. The price will go up after the first of the year.

Thanks for your interest, everyone. I'm planning to keep these in stock so if you don't get one from this batch, there will be more. The soon to be launched web store will show stock status or lead time for easy ordering.

Thanks!

Finally got the first batch back from powdercoating tonight! They pushed it back three days but at least they are done and look really good. I have a bunch of brackets to fabricate and trim to cut before the official release but I figured you guys would like to see what they will look like.
p1.jpg

Great work! I think you captured all the best ideas in one product. I have had the Wagongear version for about five years and I have been very happy with it, but this is even an improvement over it. The tailgate can get very heavy and difficult to lift and close when loaded with gear, so the suggestion to put diamond plate inside might not be for everyone. Is there anyway to further recess the latches? As I pull heavy or large objects out of the land cruiser, I sometimes catch on the welting Gary has on Wagongear version, it will probably occur with the latches on this one as well- Not a criticism, just an observation.
How do you like that magpul stock on the plinker? Great looking setup and it appears you have a nice upgraded trigger set as well.

Thanks, I'm really trying to make a product that will work well and look nice.

The latch could be recessed, but of course it would add to the cost. I tried several latches but this model is the easiest to use and best functioning even though it sticks up a little bit. I'll look into the recessing it on future versions since I know you're not the only one that slides heavy items across their tailgate.

The Magpul stock is nice for all the adjustments it provides and the low price. I have some figured maple waiting here to make my own stock someday though. There is some character lacking with a plastic stock IMO. The rest of the rifle is all KIDD Innovations parts, even the receiver. The trigger is a work of art - 2 stage with a 2lb pull. You just think about squeezing the 2nd stage and the bullet is halfway down the barrel.

I'm still refining some of the details on these, guys. Thanks for your patience. I'm picky so it's taking me a little while to get the perfect hardware and fabricate the brackets just the way they need to be.

20161114_165512.jpg

20161114_165355.jpg

The tan finish looks great!

Sorry to be a pest... but status update please? This looks great...

Sorry to be a pest... but status update please? This looks great...

Thanks, not a pest at all.

I'm almost done making all the parts for these and will be ready to ship very soon. It's been extremely busy at the shop recently so it's been hard for me to put the time I want into this project. I'm thinking of adding in another workday between Wednesday and Thursday :p Thanks for hanging in there.
20161119_105329.jpg
20161119_105310.jpg

That is a very nice looking tailgate storage system. Do I see a cargo sliding plate in there? Will this be also available?

That is a very nice looking tailgate storage system. Do I see a cargo sliding plate in there? Will this be also available?

Thanks, it works as good as it looks too :) No drawers systems...yet.

If you have something in mind, let me know. My shop primarily does custom, one-off projects so we can easily handle any kind of build you can dream up.

Do you have any pictures or a template for the tailgate section that needs to be cut out?
Please PM me when you are ready to accept orders. THanks,

Do you have any pictures or a template for the tailgate section that needs to be cut out?
Please PM me when you are ready to accept orders. THanks,

I have step by step install directions I can email you. Check your PMs.

The goal is to cut a rectangle out that is 48 15/16" X 10 9/16" or slightly larger. You lay it out by bolting the panel frame to the tailgate and marking the 4 inside edges with tape. Then you measure in 3/16" from three of the sides and 1/16" in from the hinge side, extend these marks with a straightedge to make a rectangle and you're ready to cut.

I played around with providing templates but the aluminum door frame is precisely cut, rigid and already indexed to the tailgate by the hardware so it's a good way to lay out the cuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom