New 2017 GX owner, I need lift suggestions! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone!

This is my first post on this forum, so I hope I'm in the right spot. I bought my 50k mile 2017 GX460 last week and I already have the urge to mod. I would like to start with wheels, tires, suspension and possibly add sliders and underbody protection down the road.

This GX will be my daily driver and occasionally, I will have clients riding in the back seat. I plan on an annual/ semi annual 3,000+ mile road trips with my girlfriend and dogs. I would like to take the GX on some intermediate trails and off-road parks on rare occasion. With that said, ride quality is my top priority. I have seen a number of comments here and on Facebook about how aftermarket suspension removes "nose dive under braking" and helps with flat cornering. Those aren't really a concern to me. Factory like or better ride quality over potholes and road imperfections will be 90% of what I look for from the suspension. What brand makes the best solution for my needs?

I almost forgot to mention that I have been to a highly recommended Toyota/Lexus shop here in Texas. After explaining my needs, they suggested Toytec Boss 2.0 set at 2.5" lift with SPC UCAs. They said the ride would be slightly firmer than stock, allow for more suspension travel, and is adjustable for adding light armor down the road. Thoughts? (The anodized aluminum looks really nice, it came in a little more expensive than I would like, but I'm not opposed to it if its the best option in the price range).

My only requirements:
-2.5" lift or close to
-285/70/17 tire or slightly larger (looking at K02s and Wildpeaks)
-reasonable budget (something in the Dobinson IMS price range or preferably lower)

Thank you in advance! I will be learning as much info as I can from this forum over the next few weeks.

Welcome to the Forum! :cheers:
Something to note with a suspension lift is that you will also have a more comfortable ride, especially when hauling a car full of clients! You won't be hitting those bump-stops with added weight when all loaded up if you add a suspension lift.
You should start a build thread so we all can track your progress and see how it's coming along!!

Something to note with a suspension lift is that you will also have a more comfortable ride, especially when hauling a car full of clients! You won't be hitting those bump-stops with added weight when all loaded up if you add a suspension lift.
You should start a build thread so we all can track your progress and see how it's coming along!!
Thanks! I’ll start a build thread when I start ordering parts. I’ve been reading up on suspension options for the past few hours. What is the consensus here on Ironman FCP vs Dobinson IMS? They seem to be very similar in price.

My 2 cents is they are all very similar. I'm running Icon reservoir shocks with 3" lift and love it!
Although I did have to rebuild one of my shocks twice. I think the first rebuild was not done right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom