Need valuation help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BreckenridgeCruiser

I break things.
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
teqtach.com
Hey all!

I usually hang out in the diesel forum but need a favor from some fellow Toyota heads.

I have a neighbor with a sweet 1970 Hilux that her is thinking of selling. He had no idea what pricing should look like and I thought I would ask you guys to get some help from those who know!

The truck has all original running gear, good interior, and is rust free with the exception of a little surface here and there... The bed is in great shape and had been lined with a good bedliner.

I will get a few pictures, but anyone with ideas on where to start would be appreciated!

Thanks!

There is no comparison between a Stout and an early Hilux. Pics will help, but I would suspect no more than $1000.

There is no comparison between a Stout and an early Hilux. Pics will help, but I would suspect no more than $1000.

Interesting, I thought they were the same, but after some research I found that I was wrong. Always good to learn some new Toyota trivia.

Also, for the general group out there, MUD now has a dedicated Stout forum. It's with the FJ25/FJ45/FJ55 groups.

@Meatdawg can you give me the quick rundown of the differences? I am new to the pickup world. I know this is an older hilux so it coincided with some of the stouts, but that is the extent...

220px-Toyota_truck1.jpg
1970_toyota_hilux-pic-671403760693039417-1600x1200.jpeg
Hilux is different, a little uglier if you ask me

@nuclearlemon Ige! How've you been!? Doing any trips out this way this year? Pismo?

I agree on the hilux being not as good looking, but according to some, it came with more comfortable that the stout. Interesting that they differentiated that way.

Ends up his is an N10 like the one you posted and it's in pretty good shape.. original engine and drivetrain and very minimal rust.

doing good. no trips to cali anymore hopefully. my bro and sis in law are officially no longer ca residents and my dad is up in washington now so hopefully, i'll never have to go to that hell again ;)

comfort on something like that would be minimal to me...i'd love to have a stout, uncomfortable or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom