Need pics for jack rods/starting handle clips under jump seats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know most here prefer metric numbers but since I couldn't find my dial calipers I used what I had on hand to measure the guide. It's not like this is a highly nuanced and critically machined chunk of metal anyway. In fact it was pretty crudely stamped so anywhere measurements varied from one side to the other I averaged them as I saw fit.

Regarding the mounting holes: I have something currently mounted on my cheapo aftermarket bumper that covers that spot so I couldn't check this measurement. The was a noticeable difference between the spacing on the crank guide and the mounting holes for the license plate frame so there's that.
 

Attachments

Sarge I found the clips for your tool bag that bolts to the floor but I don't have the band or the hook that goes on the band. There yours free, just pm me your address.
 
Big thanks to Numby for loaning me the starting handle bumper guide - working on patterns and a die punch to reproduce this part last few days. Die punch v1.0 failed bad , not sure where all the parts went when it exploded. Looking into water jet shops but trying to keep final costs down for folks since Cruiser parts are expensive enough as it is.
Sarge
 
Teaser pic of the first prototype , trying to get the final dimensions correct -
prototype bumper guide.webp


So , what's the verdict ?

Sarge
 
I'm going to make the starter handles as well . The prototype guide is a bit thicker , was just a chunk of scrap I had to verify the dimensional drawings I'm working up - has nothing to do with height just material thickness . Had 3 strips sheared yesterday for building the first batch of guides - hope to hit them hard this weekend .
75 posts for prototyping a part , that's small in many ways . I could just knock out something from simple measurements and photo's , but I'd prefer to keep the parts as original in sizing as possible . Still looking for a correct storage clip to verify size and material .

SSCR -yes , parts got here - very much appreciated and will return the favor soon .

Sarge
 
PM me your phone number and I will text you pics of the holders I have. Or send me your email.
PS looks awesome and I can't Waite to see the final product.
Casey
 
Back
Top Bottom