Need pics for jack rods/starting handle clips under jump seats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still hunting the following parts :

3 starter handle clips (springs)
1 2-row jack rod extension clip
Front bumper starter handle guide plate

If I can only borrow the starter handle guide plate I'm willing to pay shipping both ways , it will be here one day and returned to it's owner . My plan is to start making them available . May also be able to produce the starter handle storage clips if there is a demand and I can find a set . Odd no one has done this stuff yet ...
Sarge
 
Foxfab, did the guide . I have not heard or seen anybody try to replicate the starter rod hold down tabs or any of those tabs for that matter.
 
Trying to undo more of the po's handiwork and figure out exactly what clips were used to secure the jack extension rods and starting handle for my 03/'77 US model . The driver's side does have 4 small sheetmetal screws on top of the rear wheel well , passenger side does have some small bolt holes along the same area . I have two clips currently but they are 3 slot types and the orientation of the mounting holes is entirely wrong , online drawings don't show enough detail to duplicate or figure out exactly what these look like . It would be nice to at least install the jack's rods and my duplicated starting handle , hate stuff rattling around in the back loose .
Sarge
Aqp


...via IH8MUD app
 
Man that would be amazing if they had it.let me know I need the bumper bracket and the handle clips, I already have the starter handle .
 
Hey sarge I found a different style tool holder I can send you . It's for the earlier models before they came with a roll bar . It sits flat on the passenger fender , not up in the air like yours is used to clear the roll bar .
 
FJ40 Crank Guide.webp


Marv had this sitting on the shelf about a year ago.

It's a little rough but if someone wants to borrow it for a pattern to make a batch let me know. Of course, I'll want it back..
 
These parts are just another thing that I fail to understand why folks remove them ...
Sarge

The jack handle clips were installed for many years but the engine starting rod was discontinued pretty quick. The FJ45 and FJ55 lasted longer. The FJ55 it was used to lower the spare. As for removing them of the over dozen FJ25/FJ40/FJ45 I've had only three had the original jack and one had the original tool kit. So if your were making rust repairs or repainting removing clips for items you don't have made sense. Hasn't been that long that these were considered a classic rather than just hunting/camping/offroad vehicle. Years ago you removed the F/2F and installed a V8 it was considered a upgrade. Today if you still have the original running gear replacing it will probably hurt resale value unless it's a rust bucket already.
 
Yeah , understand that - guess I'm just anal about taking care of my stuff and keeping it's parts intact . It really stumps me to see modern used cars for sale with no jack , tools or spare - I mean , really ??
There is a starting handle and guide I found , may just snatch it up so I've got at least something to copy from - issue being I'm not dead sure if it's the right one as I've read there are two different versions in length . The bumper guide will be tricky since it's got rolled edges for strength but I'm sure a die in my 30 ton press can duplicate that , just going to take some time to make all the jigs and dies required to make these parts - slowly getting there .
Sarge
 
Back
Top Bottom