Need help: Aux fuel hose from outside into the tank.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, 76 FJ40 here...

A couple weekends ago I notice a large spillage of fuel on my garage floor from my rear tank after a fill up..

I siphoned out the gas from the rear aux (passenger side) and nailed it down to the hose connecting the exterior inlet and the aux tank. (See photo attached) It’s basically just dry rotted out..

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement?

I’m having a hard time as the part isn’t in my Haynes manual that I can see anywhere and my local specialty shops don’t seem to carry them.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

37FA2226-376D-4E19-84E8-74D67C8A26E9.jpeg

Looks like a generic hose to me. Probably not being used for the right application.

First determine if your hose needs to be 2" I.D. or 2 1/4" I.D.. Next, if you need 2" I.D. hose you could use my hose supplier, Hose Man, #57910-200-18". You are presently using a radiator hose intended for water, not fuel. The Hose Man hose is in fact fuel hose, and has an internal wire spring molded-in so that hose won't crush/collapse going through bends.

NAPA used to carry fuel filler hose. The demand isn't strong enough for most parts stores to carry it.

i would also recommend using some EPDM rolled rubber roofing , and making a Collar of sorts , so the top tub lip of sorts

and top frame rail dont wear a hole in your new hose too , any local roof supply will cut you off a piece for a few bucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom