Need a new engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks guys. I would love to put the money into it to bore it over 1mm. That would be great. I'm having to go the cheapest, best route I can, so I'm going to have him work with what I have if he can, or put a donor engine in with a new headgasket if it needs more than just a simple machining.

I'll let everyone know how it goes and hopefully I'll be back on the road and trails soon!

Winston

I thought I'd seen in an earlier thread that these engines can be sleeved too?

Well Robbie is going to do an engine swap, so now I am looking for a good low mileage 1FZ-FE for $1000-2000. If you guys know anyone selling one that is in good shape, let me know.

Thanks!
Winston

you got mail

Well I got my truck back. Robbie put an engine in that I found after rebuilding it. It's running well now. I'd recommend Robbie to anyone that needs a great mechanic, so thanks Robbie!

He does know his way around these.

Good to see you are back on the road with it.

My 97 80 has been running great since I bought it 2 years ago.

It just recently developed a clicking
Winston

Is this the only symptom? If so, keep on driving. If it develops into a real problem get a used motor, do a HG job (or don't) and drop it in there; Way cheaper. The next engine will probably outlast your intrest in the truck anyway. Good luck with this.

Is this the only symptom? If so, keep on driving. If it develops into a real problem get a used motor, do a HG job (or don't) and drop it in there; Way cheaper. The next engine will probably outlast your intrest in the truck anyway. Good luck with this.

As it turned out piston #3 was scored. We suspect from a problem with one of the injectors. Also, the head gasket was toast, so that went in as part of the job too.

Don't bank on my interest waning...you'd lose money :p

Well I got my truck back. Robbie put an engine in that I found after rebuilding it. It's running well now. I'd recommend Robbie to anyone that needs a great mechanic, so thanks Robbie!

You Had the Dr. House of Land Cruiserdom fix your ride. It doesn't get any better than that.

You Had the Dr. House of Land Cruiserdom fix your ride. It doesn't get any better than that.

Agreed! Thanks for getting the bearings to him so quick too!

How much was it to have him do the swap?

Beno or CruiserDan do you guys have the service manuals for the 97 Lexus LX450? That would be something I would like to have because it is really hard to find a good mechanic these days.

Manuals are obtained from the Toyota Material Distribution Center in Torrance CA at 1-800-622-2033.

So, did you buy a rebuilt engine or buy a used engine and have Robbie rebuild it? Where did you find the engine, if Robbie rebuilt a used engine what's a ball park figure? Thanks, NLS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom