Need 12HT VSV (shut down valve) help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That vacum diagram mate is for an auto, a little different, but if your cruiser is a manual, use this one , on the subject of the BVSV, its temp sensing vac valve, that assists in idle up when starting from cold start, once donk warms up, that Shuts the vacum off and idle should return to 650rpms , if you follow the vac line from it it goes to diaphragm actuator on accelerator linkage on pump , hope that clarifies
IMG_0638.PNG

I just looked at the coaster bus vac diagram, it does have the option with or without idle up, If you have a look you'll see the tab on the end of the tee, (without idle up) #2 also I'd check to see the 2 t vac junctions in diagram where both lines from the BVSV go, I'd suspect they would might be capped off as well ?? Or just follow this diagram in general
IMG_0639.jpg

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the information and the diagrams. So if pipe F is the vac line coming from the pump and e is the exit to the butterfly then i do have it lined up correctly. I still need to redo the ground block on that side of the harness which I believe is causing intermittent performance of the VSV. Hope to get that done in the next few days. Just picked up my injectors and turbo so gonna be getting it running again.

Ok...so a bit of an update. I put in a new wire harness and everything works. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to operate the VSV. It now had a constant 12 volts (a positive and a ground connection) when the key is on. I have the vacuum lines routed the same as the above diagram. Can get pictures this evening but thought I'd toss this out there for any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks. Jim

Made a manual VSV so I can shut her down in the cab until I have time to figure out the wiring. Just tap them together and it shuts down :)
IMG_1421.JPG

Just came across this again and realized I did not provide my final solution. Found a switch online that you pull and it releases the vacuum and shuts it down. Mounted it where my choke knob used to be. Put the same switch in a 12HT conversion I did on another MUD members 55.
1EDD8C0D-52BF-4AE3-8170-2BE49FD135A3.jpeg

Just came across this again and realized I did not provide my final solution. Found a switch online that you pull and it releases the vacuum and shuts it down. Mounted it where my choke knob used to be. Put the same switch in a 12HT conversion I did on another MUD members 55.
View attachment 2186815
and the link to it is.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom