For Sale NC:BIG PRICE DROP! 1975 FJ40 with H55 5spd TLC Built with Receipts $24,500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SALE PENDING ! I am helping a fellow cruiser head (lumberbaba) sell his 40 series. He has moved onto a different cruiser and he is ready to sell this beauty. Located in Siler City, NC. Please email the owner Skip at jpskipdoty@aol.com for more details and question. All info is what the owner has provided me. Please read through all the receipts for work performed. Can get more pictures upon request. Overall good running and driving condition with lots and lots of parts replaced with new or rebuilt. Owner still drives it 2-3 times a week and says it runs and drives nice with all systems functioning as they should. He was asking 27K now $24,500 FIRM

Quick details:
1975 FJ40 VIN#FJ40192753
TLC restoration in 2003
Motor rebuild by Rocky Mountain Cruisers 2004
Recent electrical work by Classic Cruisers 2018
Lots of documentation of work performed (See Below)
Good running a driving with a 5spd, AC, good sound system, Power Steering, and 3.70 gears for highway cruisin'.

New price 27K. No Trades. Not pictured but also includes full size roof rack with purchase.

Front R view.jpeg

Rear R view.jpeg

Left side action view (2).jpeg

Last edited:
More Pics

IMG_2565.JPG

IMG_2566.JPG

IMG_2567.JPG

Last edited:
Rockhound,

A nice truck with some good documentation--much appreciated. You're a good friend to post this.
Maybe I missed a few points, so a few questions to clarify:

"TLC restoration in 2003"

Your friend is the second owner AFTER the "restoration" at TLC, and has owned this for only about a year?
I noticed a charge for a remanned differential, listing 4.11, so somewhere the diffs were changed after that?
The "restoration" documents say nothing about frame or body or paint or interior work, or did I miss that?
Less than a year after the "restoration" the entire engine had to be replaced?

I realize this isn't yours, and while I can see a lot of work was done, I guess my questions are centered on the thoroughness of the "restoration" and what all that entailed. TLC has in the past done some very detailed complete and costly restorations, and other times just basic repairs and modifications--also costly. Others here on Mud may be interested to read more of the details as well. If your friend is not the original customer, his knowledge on what's been done may be limited.

GLWS

I replaced the diff w 3.7 when I brought it to NC. I don't know much about the TLC resto except what you can see in the receipts. You can call them and they may have more details on the body work they did. It performs flawlessly and t haven't seen any problems.

Someone got their A$$ kicked by TLC 4x4. $31k is what they charged! 🤕🤮🤭 That’s insanity! In 2003 that guy could have bought a Nice Nut & Bolt Complete Frame Off restored fj40 with rebuilt engine and tranny for 31k! Nuts!
I’d never go to TLC for anything. Just goes to show how Cruisers can be money pits, especially if you go to the wrong place.

almost 20K in parts and not quite 10K in labor. They did a lot of work on this truck, install h-55, front disc brakes,etc. The quality of the work is excellent. You be the judge on if you think this is way to much, I bet it would cost 3X this much at any competent, respectable shop today

I'm sure 74bigred didn't mean any disrespect to the seller, but looking at some of the prices that were charged for the OEM parts, they were marked up considerably. Looks like an awesome truck for 28k, GLWS!

My criticism was aimed at TLC 4x4 for charging that poor guy Tom (previous owner) from Irving TX $31k. They emptied his wallet. I think he was taken advantage of, but this type of thing happens all the time unfortunately.
Anyhow, it’s a nice mustard Cruiser, you should be able to get some good money out of her.

Yes. The previous owner is the only one that know the real story and TLC does very good work. Not sure why the motor was rebuilt after all that work was done. Current owner does not know the answer to that either. For what it is and how it’s priced today I think it’s a very decently priced rig that someone would be very happy with.

I am not sure. Please ask the owner. The shifter appears set back a little so it may not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom