1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My path to a GPS Solution

Discussion in 'Communication & Navigation' started by Romer, May 29, 2017.

1. Romer

Romer fatherofdaughterofromer Moderator

Drew,
    I am happy with Galaxy. I move it from my 40 to 200 easily. I have the same ball mount in both vehicles and a Ram mount setup that attaches to that. The Galaxy also is big enough with enough capability I can use it for other things while I am on the road without having to take my laptop

I so wanted a windows solution to work and just couldn't find an application I was happy with

I like the Galaxy over the Ipad because I can add memory and also connect it to my computer and easily transfer files via USB vs having to work through iTunes

The pic of my 200 is above, although this picture of my 40 is with the windows tablet, it uses the same ram mount
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

REZARF likes this.
  2. REZARF

REZARF

3. SmoothLC

SmoothLC

So Ken (@Romer), are you running the WiFi-only version of the S2? Or do you have cell service w/ it?

4. Romer

Romer fatherofdaughterofromer Moderator

wifi only. I can always run it through my cell phone if I need a connection. No sense paying for two devices monthly when I don't connect the tablet that often

SmoothLC likes this.
  5. Patineto

Patineto "Clueless" fourwheel rabbit

I’m running a 12.2” galaxy pro with Verizon capabilies but I only use the hotspot from my iPhone

Works great, zero issues, well the phone those get a little hot but so far no problems

6. SmoothLC

SmoothLC

168E0EC2-D80A-4AD2-89D0-A102A7A700AE.jpeg Thanks to this thread I installed a Samsung Tab S2 using a double suction Ram mount.

TLCPNW and Romer like this.