My new Toy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those turn signals rock out. You should leave them...they are probably less likely to wiggle loose or break off.

Good Luck with it!

I'm curious about the roof rack too...(Whether you can put much weight without breakage)

-Lance

Last edited:
Ok....I am going to leave the 70's blinkers....just called the body shop.... The top is fiberglass....so I'm not sure about the weight....however....when the top was removed...they were trying to explain to me (in Spanish) why there were 4 bulges where the thing mounts....They said inside it is reinforced with a metal bar or something..

I just think it looks cool....I'm sure it will hold camping gear...etc....

I'd def. go back to the original blinkers...Oh and throw some 32x10.5 BFG ATs on there :D

nice

as for the "early model air cleaner" remember it's not us market

when did hte USA change? my 76 has that filter, and my 78 fj55 had it. and my 1980 hj45...

whats up with the hard top? the sides do not look correct, they look.........well different or made localy or something.

I asy the air cleaner is prolly correct for a SA 40.

cool rig :)

Not sure about the top.....this is what came on it... I was actually wanting a soft top....but I dont have time....

Landpimp said:
whats up with the hard top? the sides do not look correct, they look.........well different or made localy or something.

I asy the air cleaner is prolly correct for a SA 40.

cool rig :)
it looks almost like stock but with some sort of skirting or something to cover up the body/hardtop seam maybe?

Wow...I see the difference now in my top.....it has some type of lip on it.... Most likely for rain....

I'm going back to the shop on saturday....they have mounted my brush guard and side rail steps.....

billdance,

you said there are lots of cruisers there. Have you taken a good look at any of the others there? I wonder what are the major differences between yours and North American models.

-Lance

I bet I see 10 to 15 per day....When reading about the different models/specs.....it really doesn't look like they were much different. However with mine....looks like someone in the past modified the top and the bumber..blinkers... But I believe the genereal specs are the same...motor...displacement, diff, trans.....But I know that most South American models did not come with heat. Mine has no fan.... Mine is a 78.so it didn't have power steering...but my friends 79 does...and his has the 3:73 rear end that came out in 79...etc... Also...there are alot of 43's....the longer bed ones...that were never shiped to the USA..

I'm sorta thinking those sides maybe fiberglass and those lips are reinforcing.

New photos

Went to the shop again today....here are some more pics....

Last edited:
so are the sidepanels fiberglass? love the sliding windows! looks great.

if the 43 is still there next time, can you get pics. i've love the 43s for decades..wish they were available here even if they do have big butts. :D

Sure..... I asked today....they said it was out for some reason...not sure...my Spanish is not that good...

When I go back on Tuesday to pick it up, I'll take some pics..

I've got 2 firends that have 43's....they are both back in the USA now...one is in NC and the other in NY. I really wanted one....but I just didnt have time.... plus...to be able to buy this one for 3k...I couldn't pass it up.

I know that the top portion is fiberglass.... But I will have to look at the side panels....I'm actually not sure...

Last edited:
I am leaving Bogota in 30 days for good...

Last edited:
nuclearlemon, here is one of the 43's that was in the shop...looks good...but I hate the rim choice.
And another 40 that ws completed here....

Last edited:
Wow. Any more shots of a 43? I would love to see a full side shot.

What difficulties did you encounter setting up import of your vehicle to the US?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom