My LX - it's official now (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, according to me it is but im just doing more research is all. I you post a rear picture parked in Normal height on level ground its pretty obvious.
I would be willing to bet that it is leaning to the left. Mostly all that i see on the road lean to the drivers.

Why did you have to say that?? Now I will be looking. I have "comfort entry" on now, so maybe it's part of it, when it drops for driver exit/entry.
If it does indeed leans - I with it was 470. From what I understand there is no torsion bars here to adjust it. Or, maybe it can be done via AHC sensors now (per wheel)?

Why did you have to say that?? Now I will be looking. I have "comfort entry" on now, so maybe it's part of it, when it drops for driver exit/entry.
If it does indeed leans - I with it was 470. From what I understand there is no torsion bars here to adjust it. Or, maybe it can be done via AHC sensors now (per wheel)?

Sorry!
Youll be glad to know though coming from a 470 that the corners are independently addressable via techstream.
Lots of info here if you search HOU / Heigh Offset Utility.

Im fairly certain at this point that the rear springs are to blame and need to be matched on AHC instead of offset.
Thats my theory and i will be testing it soon.

It's been 8 days. Now I have 3300 miles on ODO. MO->WY->MO trip. Visited national parks, found some mud. Everything. From pulling trailer to driving through mud and snow. And some hail in CO.
I guess LX thinking WTF right now :) Need to wash it maybe..

Navigation gave me some fits. Big time. At first, I wasn't able to enter address. Just not finding it. Tried voice - doesn't understand me. Tried "assist" - they understood me and found address but for some reason car didn't get it. They tried twice and politely asked to call later... I was 100% sure I am buying CarPlay when get hme.

So, iPhone it is. On a way back I realized I am stupid and had to pick state first. Locally driving it's preset to MO. But I had to choose state from different menu before entering address. It started to work. Out of curiosity I tried "Assist" again. And again, car didn't "get it" from 2 tries and they asked to call later.

By end of trip I started to like navigation. You can open it full screen and it's actually pretty decent. So, no CarPlay for now (I suspect it will piss me off even more)

Other than that - I like car so much more now. Very little fatigue. Very good seats, very good climate control. Adaptive cruise works for me. All in all - it's great.

Fuel economy - had to pull trailers all the way - stayed around 12mpg. In national parks without trailer and 45mph I was getting 18-19..

IMG_5052.jpg

First oil change at 5k and immediate WHY? I mean, this filter situation is crazy. Replaced with aluminum housing, used TRD filter.

View attachment 2851271

View attachment 2851272

Yeah... First oil change i do (when the free ones are done) i will go aluminum housing, TRD, and drain valve.
Unless someone tells me that OEM is better somehow. IDK anymore.

Yeah... First oil change i do (when the free ones are done) i will go aluminum housing, TRD, and drain valve.
Unless someone tells me that OEM is better somehow. IDK anymore.
I have free change at 10k (only one). At 5(right now) - I think they do just rotation and general check up.
I figured TRD just so I can see if they actually do change filter at 10k :))

Also, those cheap-er OE filters have "YZ" part number which means "budget line" and I don't know if regular OE filter is much cheaper than TRD.

The regular filter is a lot cheaper, but there has been a bunch of debate and discussion here on 'mud about how much better the TRD filter is. I run the TRD, but have no qualms about running the regular filter.

The regular filter is a lot cheaper, but there has been a bunch of debate and discussion here on 'mud about how much better the TRD filter is. I run the TRD, but have no qualms about running the regular filter.

Depending which "regular".
PN 04152-38020 is ACTUAL part number for original filter and they are not much cheaper than TRD (if at all). Partsouq is $13. I wonder what is dealer price.

Note, when you search for this PN you will get bunch of Toyota original parts, cheap ones. But this is budget substitution. 04152-YZZA4

"YZ" part number is "economy line". This is probably what most people refer to original filters. But they are not. I think they will be OK for 5k miles, and I don't know if they are any different from actual ones. But still, there is difference in PN and probably in filter itself.

1.8 mpg sounds about right, lol. Good rig.

Heh. No, it's 13.9 now driving around town mixed hwy
I've seen as good as 18-19 when driving 45mph around yellowstone

If everything is completely in your favor, and wind is at your back, and the temperature is in ideal range, you can see 20 MPG.
If you go max 65 MPH though not more. I really want to see who can break 20 though.
This is in an LX on 93 (and probably way too much ethanol) which lowers at speed, im not sure about LCs.
Also before im roasted the numbers aren't scientific, but my gauge is damn near accurate from my calculations.

Been year plus.. Small update and a question.

Update: Car is at 27k miles now. very boring. very boring. Just keeps running. Is there anything should be done to it at 30k? :) I am replacing oil every 5k.

Question: Yes, very lame, but can't find answer. And YouTube doesn't help. How do I reset "Dealer maintenance required" popup message? I went into menu, cleared all maintenance tracking items, didn't help. I am sure something simple but can't find in FAQ

I tried this thing (with key on/off as much as I can do this with start button) but it didn't work for me.

Finally, yesterday I found a way and I am really ashamed now :)

It's really all about it. Go to that "cob" menu and choose option and say "YES" to reset. Duh..

IMG_8351.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom