Builds my lady's 2006 GX470 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I figure it's time for a build thread, I just always liked going back and looking at the progress of the vehicles I have had in the past.

Story time. My girlfriend had a 2014 Toyota Camry SE that she really enjoyed, It was a great little car. (until I totaled it) lol. I was going down the Interstate when a 18-wheeler wheel and tire came unbolted and was bouncing across the interstate. It was one of the craziest things to ever happen to me. I hit it going about 75mph luckily no one was hurt and it opened up a window for us to get something we have always wanted. Here is a photo of the Camry after the accident.

89443983_844604409352887_7835580778242113536_o.jpg

We was on the hunt for a 4th gen 4runner or a GX470. The 4runner was looking less and less likely due to every single one we came across was either 2wd OR beat to death. We was sitting down eating lunch one day and when a guy listed a 2006 GX470 for-sale and within the hour we messaged him and test drove it. She was in love and wasn't gonna settle for anything less lol. The guy's son worked at Lexus as a master tech and the GX was really well taken care of. He was nice enough to hold it for us until we got our insurance check. then we went and picked it up!

Here is the day we got it!

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_2.jpg

This is a list of things that was already done when we purchased it.
-new dash per Lexus program
-Painted stock headlight housings with Xenon Depot HID's in low beams
-Rear flush mounted LED reverse lights in the factory rear bumper
-yellow LED fogs
-Switchback front signals/running lights
- Fresh spark plugs and coil packs
- New air springs for the rear suspension.
- Replaced Front axle boots
- Lexus OEM hitch
- GROM Bluetooth Module
- Front weather tech floor mats
- Tinted Windows
- Led Interior light upgrades
-De-badged Rear emblems (blacked out rear Lexus logo)
-5th Gen 4runner Wheels (plasti-dipped dark gray)

Thanks for checking it out! My girlfriend is excited to get things started! We have some pretty big plans for it that will slowly start to happen and will keep this updated as they happen!

Last edited:
I learned the hard way on my Tacoma that sliders should be one of the first mods to happen. So we didn't waste anytime on getting that done. I have a buddy who has a small fab shop in Columbia, SC and does a lot of my fab work, so i got him to make a set for the GX.

final1-6.JPG

final1-7.JPG

final1-20.JPG

final1-25.JPG

final1-28.JPG

I'll have photos of them installed soon!

I’m digging those sliders. I’d love to get a decent quality pair myself later on.

Good to see another GX'er making his/her own parts! Looks good!

Cool truck, dog and build. Looks like you made lemonade out of lemons after the Camry got wrecked. Loving the yellow LED fog lights, need to pick up a set of those for my truck ASAP.

Truck looks great, I'm in Columbia SC ironically. Would your buddy be down to make another set in the future? Haha

I'm sure he wouldn't mind! His lady is a traveling nurse so they are out of town a lot so its all about timing. But i'm sure he can make it happen when you get ready! if you wanna look up "bashfab" on Instagram or Facebook you can see some more of his work. I plan on getting Bumper from him as well.

Cool truck, dog and build. Looks like you made lemonade out of lemons after the Camry got wrecked. Loving the yellow LED fog lights, need to pick up a set of those for my truck ASAP.

Thank you! The fogs are great, They will eventually be replaced with some Baja Designs pods when I get a front bumper made, but def work well for now!

Sorry for the iPhone photos, I was gonna try and wait to get out with my camera and get some nicer photos of the sliders installed. Unfortunately with all the Virus stuff going around and living in a college town, everything is locked down pretty tight, so idk when ill get the opportunity to get back out and shoot some real photos.

BUT here is the sliders installed. Not sure if we are gonna keep that color, it was just all the local store had lol. But it is growing on me.

image (2).jpg

image (3).jpg

image (5).jpg

image (7).jpg

image (6).jpg

Got the Hewitt Tech bypass kit in today. Hopefully gonna install it this weekend! I’ll update this thread with how things went!
8B9DB392-91F8-4F29-A23D-6BDBB43CF3EB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom