My FJ45 LPB Huckleberry Hauler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

... I'm also thinking of going back to the original black rims.[ATTACH=full said:
Stella's grey rims went to my new '72, and she now has some stock FJ60 chrome rims. I'll sell her soon and someone 'local' might need those grey rims to get her back to correct stock.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Pulled the top off of the heater motor today to investigate the low output. Looks like it's never been apart. Duct work is clear so I cleaned things up a little and I will look into the heater itself when I take it a part Later. Motor just seems a little week. Probably stuff on top of the heater core. like PG45er suggested. Thanks...
Something about a one owner rig that hasn't been messed with that's actually fun to work on. All the screws and bolts still have the plating on them.

image.png
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Started working on replacing the white diamond vinyl material on the running boards. Put down a little POR-15 to protect the boards. Cleaned some original bolts and nuts for the reassembly.

Working over my running boards right now. Could not save as many screws and nuts as you did though.

We did break several as well. Even though This is an original truck, these bolts always seem to be rusted.

You are getting two speeds out of your fan, correct? The high speed is pretty obvious on my ‘65 fan.

Yes Paul, two speeds. I compared it my 65 and it's a similar output. Just thought it might be different but it's close. These little motors are pushing air a long distance I guess.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Finally done with these running boards. I put on a little anti seize to hopefully help if I need to remove these again in fifty years...

Last edited:
image.png
image.png
Added a little sweaty New Mexico metal to the Huckleberry hauler. I like the patina, although it's not period correct but I've always thought this was one of the coolest LC parts..Most likely some original paint and hand lettering in the future. I'll keep the original one.

image.jpeg

Gotta love the dune beige with the Shell Ivory bezel...

Last edited:
Hey Seth, my serial is the next one in line. FJ45 27097

Mark

I would love to see more photos of your 45. I can share any photos or information you would like. My 45 was bought new at Wheeler Toyota in Grants Pass Oregon. Most likely on the same assembly line and on the same boat to the US as yours. It's cool that whitey has those photos from the past...

Seth, does your 45 have the same Warn hubs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom