Builds My first FZJ80 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

She's loaded up and will be here Thursday! I was scammed initially from a broker, that's a story for when i have some time to write it out!
IMG_7750.jpg

When that bad boy gets here lets meet up and go wheel.
Once she's all fixed up, absolutely. There are some trails i'd like to do that I haven't in this rig. When I got it, i did half of Elvis (box canyon area), and Payette Draw just before the last obstacle. And a few trails around Tucson minus the gap.

Once she's all fixed up, absolutely. There are some trails i'd like to do that I haven't in this rig. When I got it, i did half of Elvis (box canyon area), and Payette Draw just before the last obstacle. And a few trails around Tucson minus the gap.
I've got a few things to do as well before we go, mainly tires and my sliders. Might scrap them and use the money to buy ones designed for the LC not a universal design.

The passenger rear door had been stuck closed for awhile now, i just never had the drive to mess with it. I tried everything to get it open, and in the end, had to sacrifice the door panel to get to the guts. For some reason the child lock had become engaged, and wouldn't open from the outside. I poked around with a screw driver, and got it to open.
20240403_153424.jpg

I also installed a new ignition switch, but it did not solve my intermittent no start issue. I had the starter replaced twice already.🤦‍♂️

Back home from the East side Eh?
Hope things work out better for you in the South West.
Rig has come a long way so far.

Back home from the East side Eh?
Hope things work out better for you in the South West.
Rig has come a long way so far.
Yep, things have worked out great this time around! Sometimes it takes a few tries to make it work.
And thank you, its turning out just how i wanted it. The biggest setback was finishing the drivetrain swap, and finding out the motor and trans weren't good. But it'll be better than before once I have them repaired....itching to hit the trails!

Dropped her off this afternoon after a quite eventful day. Had to rent another truck after mine broke a wheel bearing. Higgy's was an awesome place...felt like a kid in a candy store...so many nice rigs there.
20240417_104407.jpg

20240417_110521.jpg

20240417_134846.jpg
20240417_163616.jpg
20240417_163624.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom