This week I started the rear axle swap. I soaked everything down with some penetrating oil I read about years ago in a TLCA magazine by Mark Whatley. It works better than commercial products I've tried. Today as I was disassembling the drivers brake hardware I discovered the rotor was severely worn beyond spec and the caliper had not been installed correctly. So bad that somehow the caliper piston was not centered on the pad and a groove was worn into the bottom of the piston by the pad backing and the rubber boot was pulled out on one side. I'm not sure how this could've happened. Another P.O. adventure.