My 98 LX 470 Baseline Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So after months of searching and finally giving up this fell in my lap. All original 2 owner 98 LX470 with 127k in great condition. My plans for this are pretty mild. We live in coastal NC and will take this on the beaches and on light camping trips. So far no real desire to knock it around on rocks so not looking for too much armor (old CJ5 got that out of my system...). I have been stalking and occasionally posting here and figured I would go ahead and make the formal baseline thread. Very open to suggestions and I will try and update this with current additions!

Baseline for the LX

Full Detail

Fluid Change (Oil, Coolant, Brake, Diff’s, AHC, ETC)

Spark Plugs

Headlights- Added Sylvania ZXE’s. Work for now…

Front and Rear Brakes- Rear pads and rotors done

AHC decisions…..

Cooling hose T’s and hose

Serp Belt- Strange wear pattern….

LED Interior lights- added Pfran set with reverse lights. AWESOME!

Additional front and rear lighting options

Dedicated garage laptop with TechStream

Floormats

Add USB Ports in back to charge kids devices on trips

Rear Trunk Storage Lids

My own version of a road shower- TBD

Figure out how to get a keyless entry key.
Down the road- Rod/Cooler holder and a ton of other goodies I am sure:worms:

Last edited:
IF your timing belt hasn't been changed (90k)....then you are due. Most folks replace the water pump and examine the pulleys and tensioner while in there.

Keyless entry key....should pose no problem provided you currently have a 'master' key. Simply purchase a 3 button transponder key (long blade 4C chip), have it cut and then program it yourself.

Nice looking rig, very low miles for that year model. You might consider going the Lexus Owners site, join and take advantage of the 'Service History' feature there. IF your LX was serviced at a Lexus Dealership, the record of it will be there. Could give you some insight as to the service history.

Thanks for the tip on the lexus owners site. I wish there was more info listed..... PO said that timing belt was at 90k and there is also a sticker on the engine cover that references a lexus timing belt service at 68k. I am calling the shop we used to confirm on services.

Cant wait to get to work on the LX. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom