My 100 Evolved - 2000 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FloridaFJ80

Roaming Land Cruiser Heaven
Threads
Website
www.landcruiserheaven.com
I have been a long time 80's section guy, until know. I just picked up a 2000 LX470 with 215k. PO was the second owner and owned since 2003 when he got it with 45k. Well needless to say he hadn't taken care of it how he should have. I asked him about the timing belt and he was like huh.. This will be part of my PM work for it. Well lets just say I stole it from him. She did survive hauling my 70 up from Tampa to Virginia, the hundy didnt miss a beat other than getting 9 mpg the whole way up. But she hauled that trailer like a champ truck felt heavy but kept up with the cruise control set at 70.

My first mod was a set of later model 18" LC wheels. Picked them up from a fellow mudder who just happened to be on the way up from FL to VA. Love the upgrade.

Took her to a local shop to get an alignment, and they didnt do one as they my rack and pinion was leaking. I know there is a a common leak coming from the PS reservior OEM hose clamps, so I will be putting on new hose clamps and replacing the hoses as well. Got quoted $1550 to replace the rack and pinion. I was like thanks but no thanks. Steering is good, no vibrations, a little winding noise at startup but not to bad. Will most likely replace the rack and pinion and due the timing belt and water pump at the same time. Just have to find time to wrench on it.

When I got it, first plan of action was a full detail. PO hadnt washed or vacuumed the truck in a while. She cleaned up real nice. Driver side bottom leather cover is shot. So I will be putting in a set of Land Cruiser Heaven leather covers up front. Ordered new Lexus floor mats all way round. AHC, works fine, but low on oil so I will be bleeding the old one out and putting new AHC fluid in. My plans for this are to maybe keep it stock as much as possible. I already have other cruisers that are built a little more for off-roading.

IMG_4953.JPG
IMG_4960.JPG
IMG_4963.JPG
IMG_4964.JPG
IMG_4978.JPG

Very nice, welcome to the board. Also, I don't see 100 Series seat leather listed on your site, but I sure would like to know more and see a price. Mine aren't ripped... but they're not nice.

Thats one of the reasons why I got a 100. I wanted to be able to offer the leather seat covers as well. When I have my set installed I will be documenting the process with pics.

My buddy works a the local Yota dlr and they got me a reman rack installed for under a grand with alignment. Some dealers do gouge that job tho... nice LX good luck with her! Keep us posted on ur leather.

Btw did u go to a FL school or live here ? Just wondering with ur screen name...

My buddy works a the local Yota dlr and they got me a reman rack installed for under a grand with alignment. Some dealers do gouge that job tho... nice LX good luck with her! Keep us posted on ur leather.

Btw did u go to a FL school or live here ? Just wondering with ur screen name...

I lived in FL. my first cruiser was an FJ80 hence FloridaFJ80! Thanks for the advice.

The LX's got the best colors. That one looks great. But it's the 70 that I really want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom