Muster Ground Run - Jan. 2nd. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey the carnage continued after the Mustard Ground run. JP and I were a mile from our houses, when all of a sudden JP's rear tire fell off and proceeded to bouce towards me. It was like slow motion when his tire came off and his drum just dug this nice long ditch in the road in Clemson. Lucky everyone is ok, JP you did a good job handlin that rig. That spacer he had on there wobbled its way off which is what caused the tire to come off, bent in his rear qtr panel. So we were able to take the spacer off and put the tire on and drive REAL slow back to the house.

Hey Alex that Brush Gaurd was a damn good investment, saved my bumper today after I creamed into about a 16" diameter pine tree head on. Hit it so hard it sheared off the bolts...hahaha. Easy fix though with new bolts.

Keisur, I had mentioned running the hushole next weekend to you................ but that isn't going to happend anymore.................losing my rear wheel at 50mph today made sure of that:(

Let me know if you can make it to Tellico............

JP

wow...

j.p. that bites bud. hope everything is aight.

any idea on why (other than loose bolts or somethin on the spacer?)

any other damage? how bad did it eff up the drum? axle housing? anything else?

y'all have a good one,
malphrus

clemson55 said:
If you are a mathmetician you could measure the tank and calculate the volume.

So maybe I am a mathmetician, but I ain't gonna bother to measure it.

I posted on the FJ80 tech forum, and I haven't gotten on answer on what may have happened to the gauge, but they all agree that there is no way that I have a 20 gallon tank. It's got to be 25 like the handbook says.

They also say that the low-fuel light comes on when there is about 5 gallons left, so I haven't been as close to running empty as I thought.

Musterground carnage update

Hey all! Just wanted to post a quick "Thank you" to all those who made it to the run on Sunday and especially those who patiently watched as my lame ass got towed out. The transfer case is a goner (again - 2nd time). Obviously a stock TC is the weak link on my rigg. Camo spent the night at Tadd's in Pumpkintown (thanks to quick action by David and Lynn who just happen to have the number to his tow truck service on speed dial) and is now hospitalized for observation and repairs ... I'm really glad this was supposed to be an "easy run"! Oh well - we still had a great time anyway.

Does anyone have any ideas of a transfer case that would bolt up to a NV4500 transmission and will work with the Dana 60's?

just post up in the cruiser tech section here on Ih8mud about what t/c to run

I did a quick search and looks like maybe..........np203, np205 would work

Like I said just post up some one out there will know all about it

GOOD LORD! Was this the same muster grounds I am familiar with?!

Sorry to hear about all the carnage, sounds like a club work night follow up is in order....

JP- What the hell happened?! my buddy lost a wheel going down the road once...but he was in a jeep and he busted his axle...either way...never good, sorry to hear about it.

Virgo dont lecture me on math skills at least I've made it through the math classes I have to take here. As for the convertable I think we need to come up with a way to latch it in place for the winter then take it off for the warmer times it could be hot.

VTCruiser said:
GOOD LORD! Was this the same muster grounds I am familiar with?!

Sorry to hear about all the carnage, sounds like a club work night follow up is in order....

My stuff isn't from Muster Grounds. I had the lower hose get pinched on a trip from Houston to here and I think I drove about 50 miles with it really hot before I reallized what was wrong and freed up the flow, hence the water pump going out and possibly the head gasket too ( i have to check that out when I get a chance. engines running a little rough so I'm thinking I got an internal leak. I also gotta pull the plugs to make sure ones not fouled and not sparking causing the roughness) the clutch has been stinking for a long time but the bearings have just recently started asking for service. Problem with my situation is we're in the middle of relocating from Houston, TX. We have a house there trying to sell so I'm flipping two housing expense bills on top of rent and a mortgage, so money is tight for parts at the moment and doing all this major work in the comforts of the apartment parking lot isn't very tempting. the engine work I would do because if it rains I just drop the hood and go inside, but the drive train work is a PITA when you have to leave the tranny (and everything behind it) laying in the parking lot. most apt's tend to frown upon that, hehe, I know that from experience. I figure about $200-$275 for the water pump, timing belt and all the other associated gaskets and seals from an online OEM parts dealer so I may do that soon to save the engine. the clutch will be about $400 in parts so that'll wait until the house sells and I get a place here.

gehn, I installed well spacers when I put in the engine and basically one of them gave out going down the 123 at 50mph, luckly it was the rear drivers side tire and was on a flat road...... I am very surprised I did not flip with those large tires and lift, the cruiser dropped a whole foot. I ate up the rear drum and now the cruiser leans to the left so I think it messed up the rear leaf a little....... I am going to try hard get it ready for the Tellico trip, if not I will take the 62, but I probaly won't wheel it since I just put about 600 in it for a tune up and new water pump and fan clutch, I can't afford to mess it up........so I am prying I get the 40 fixed cause I want to wheel so bad................

The oddest thing about this whole thing was.......while riding the muster grounds I developed a idle problem and couldn't get the cruiser to Idle, so I spent the whole afternoon while one foot on the clutch and one working the brake and gas pedal to keep it from stalling when the group would stop on hills and so fourth......................and after losing the tire one 123 about a mile from my house the idle problem was fixed, be it was still running ruff it would atleast idle???????????lol weird luck I have, I traded one problem for another.........................

Hope you are getting your 60 lifted and armored up...................I can't wait for Tellico, especially with how the weather is going now we will be in shorts and t-shirts it is supposed to be near 80 degrees here in Augusta, ga this week:).............................

ClemsonCruiser said:
I can't wait for Tellico, especially with how the weather is going now we will be in shorts and t-shirts it is supposed to be near 80 degrees here in Augusta, ga this week:).............................

knock on wood, KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!!

ha ha, yeah, i'm gettin pumped too.

i didn't realize that the trip was comin up so quick. i thought MLK day was in feb for some reason, and ignored all other dates mentioned....

see y'all in a couple days...hopefully the 40 will make it back to school (maybe with a new sidekick? almost got a 99 honda accord coupe last night...headin out to look some more tomorrow)

malphrus

Oh i see Keisur, sorry to hear it anyway.

bummer JP, that sucks, glad it wasn't worse though! right now the sliders are a no-go. steel is too expensive and the free pipe was too thin.... Oh well, I am not looking to beat the hell out of it anyway, just gotta bee careful.

BUT, the lift is all ordered and will be here this week. I hope to install it this weekend. I will probably have to get tires when i get down south.

wheres the best place near clemson where i can get tires??

Still on the fence about size too, i know 35"s will rub, which I can deal with, my only concern there is gearing, but I do have that lower first in the H55F......hell i don't know.....may just keep to 33's *sigh* we'll see... :rolleyes:

Gehn,
When I was thinking about tires before I bought JP's I talk to the guy at the tire dept at walmart since I got the discount. He said they can order up basically any tire imaginable so if you have something in mind let me know and I can ask about it and get the 10% off too.

Yeah Gehn the 31's I have on the 60 I got from Sam's a few years ago for 99.00 a piece. And they even had one's with more grip and all.

Also Gehn are you familiar with replacing CV joints. I've got a buddy with a 95 pathfinder that needs to replace one. Told him I'd ask ya if ya had before, he wants to do it himself but needs a little help. Thanks man.

next time in......

I'm going all the way. Now that the guard on call confirmed we can
get out AFTER closing hours we can get down there to the good/bad stuff.
Here's an old shot where we drove onto the lake shore.
It's awfully "brushy" to get down in there and the pretty ones will have to
hang back OR let it all hang out and get plenty of trail stripes. ;)
I just have to add that old Gundy had no problems. This time. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom