Multiple Ignition Coil Failures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone,

I recently installed (3-months ago) all new ignition coils on my GX470. In the past 3 months, however, I’ve had 4 of the inviting coils go bad. Cylinder 2 then 7 then 6 then 3.

I’m wondering what the heck could be going on here. I replaced the spark plugs at the same time also. No same cylinder has failed a coil twice.

The part # of the coil is 673-1303

Where did the parts come from? There a plenty of counterfeit plugs, coils, filters out there. Ebay, Amazon are big offenders.

going by the p/n its a denso coil but that dosnt mean that it isnt a counterfeit from china, whent he prices are too good to be true thats usually the case. best off to get them from a dealer and replace them as they fail to spread the cost out. why did you change out all the coils in the first place?

Based on these responses and the price I paid ($180 for all 8) I think them being counterfeit is likely the case.

I changed them as preventative maintenance. None were misfiring before.

Based on these responses and the price I paid ($180 for all 8) I think them being counterfeit is likely the case.

I changed them as preventative maintenance. None were misfiring before.
Oh man, that sux. IH8SCAMMERS
I’m seeing an average price of $55-$60 each, just doing a quick search...sounds like you just invested $180 into some sweet chinesium crap.
Hoping you kept the old coils?
How many miles on the truck? Maybe put the old ones back in, and start buying 1-2 at a time (from a reputable shop, like an actual Toyota place).
Good luck

Oh man, that sux. IH8SCAMMERS
I’m seeing an average price of $55-$60 each, just doing a quick search...sounds like you just invested $180 into some sweet chinesium crap.
Hoping you kept the old coils?
How many miles on the truck? Maybe put the old ones back in, and start buying 1-2 at a time (from a reputable shop, like an actual Toyota place).
Good luck

177k on the truck. I’ve just been replacing with actual OEM ones as they fail one at a time. Haven’t had to replace the same cylinder twice yet which is leading me to confirm my belief it’s the crap coils.

177k on the truck. I’ve just been replacing with actual OEM ones as they fail one at a time. Haven’t had to replace the same cylinder twice yet which is leading me to confirm my belief it’s the crap coils.
So you now have 4 new OEMs in, replacing the 4 fake ones that failed?
and the other 4 are still fake, right?
Sounds like you get to open up the wallet and buy 4 more OEMs and fix this issue properly.
While you‘re at it, get one more as a spare (unless you kept the old ones).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom