Mt. Ord back road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tralaz.org
TRĀL has relaxed our Covid-related restrictions and opened our events to the public. We are doing an inspection run on FR27, the back road to the top of Mt. Ord, tomorrow morning. Recent reviews on the trail suggest that it is more challenging than usual. You can sign up for the event on the TRAL Event Calendar. Participants are still somewhat limited, but there are 7 slots open as of this post.

Ben, I won’t make it but I’m hoping another member or two can join. I’m anxious to see and hear how the trail is.

I'm responsible for an airport run tomorrow to pick up friends or I'd be in on this. Mount Ord is one of my favorites so close to town, and the radio tower hike makes it fun for radio guys, too.

Will you guys be on any particular 2m frequency on HAM, or maybe using the Mt. ORD repeater on 146.920Mhz? If yes, I'll try to listen in. Thanks for posting the run,
Screenshot_20210521-172949.jpg

I'm responsible for an airport run tomorrow to pick up friends or I'd be in on this. Mount Ord is one of my favorites so close to town, and the radio tower hike makes it fun for radio guys, too.

Will you guys be on any particular 2m frequency on HAM, or maybe using the Mt. ORD repeater on 146.920Mhz? If yes, I'll try to listen in. Thanks for posting the run,View attachment 2680660
Nope, we use CB channel 4.

So, the area is crispy. The eroded spots don't seem to be any worse, with the exception of 2 of them, and we did some work on those. There are a couple of other spots that could use some dirt work. The whole trail could use brushing, by which I mean breaking off the dead wood that is attempting to do serious damage to anything within reach.

The main road above 27 wasn't burned, still has trees, but pretty much all of 27 is scorched earth.

A few pics:
PXL_20210522_190501513.jpg
PXL_20210522_161939241.jpg
PXL_20210522_190442144.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting those pics. It's good to see the hillside greening up again so quickly, and hopefully it's well on the mend. Great job on the dirt work, and for making the effort for all the other trail users - it's appreciated,

Thanks for the write up Ben @-Spike- , we need to get some CSC volunteers out to do some clean up on the trail. Look forward to chatting with you to work out a date and process with TRAL for getting people out and signed up.

we went up the normal road to Mt. Ord last weekend, and there was a good chunk of vegetation that wasn't burned - but we could see all the devastated areas from the top :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom