Moving to the area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

chap79

Wheel. Break. Fix. Repeat.
SILVER Star
Threads
The wife and are moving to the area next month. I'm being transferred with my employer and will be working out of the Bannister Federal Complex. I have been back there once (this past September) so I am vaguely fimiliar with the area and know that E 95th is a little rough.

In any case, I just wanted to drop a line out there to let you all know we're coming. We're pretty active in the TLCA club here and are looking forward to future adventures in your area.

Hope to meet ya'll in the near future.

Harley

Welcome to the area Harley. And for your first piece of local advice, you're almost guaranteed to break something if you follow Rob. I look forward to getting to know you and hitting a few trails.

Welcome!

Let us know when you land so we can put together another impromptu gathering!

Welcome to the area Harley. And for your first piece of local advice, you're almost guaranteed to break something if you follow Rob. I look forward to getting to know you and hitting a few trails.
Perfect! I’ve already gone through a front pinion and 3 driveshafts this year.

Welcome!

Let us know when you land so we can put together another impromptu gathering!
Mark,

Will do. First day of work is the 17th, but we still haven’t even figured out housing yet. I truly do love the hurry up and wait if the military.

Perfect! I’ve already gone through a front pinion and 3 driveshafts this year.
Oh, you're gonna fit in nicely! Welcome brother!

Welcome to the area! Always good to have another Mudder in town. Let us know when you’re in and we’ll plan a drink or get together.

Welcome, I recognize your handle from somewhere. Not sure if we've done business on here or not. Have a safe trip out it's currently blowing 40mph with snow here in NE Kansas.
I get around quite a bit on mud :).
Always wrenching on some rig it feels like. It’s been a busy month at the homestead; 3 third member builds, a stuck locker actuator, a 3 day wheelin’ trip, and turkey day. Seems all the local folks are trying to get their last minute ______ done before I take off.

A little cold doesn’t bother me. I’m not a SoCal native and will be glad to see 4 seasons again.

As others have said, welcome. If you send me your email address I will send you our membership form. Dues are $10. Will put on my mailing list and on the roster. I am the treasurer and membership chair. psears97@yahoo.com

Peggy

Hey that's not nice, not always true but still good advice.

Hey that's not nice, not always true but still good advice.

Very good advice. Good news is that Rob's house is near your Bannister complex, so anything broken can be dropped off there to fix.:worms::worms::worms::worms::worms::worms::worms::worms:

We made it to the area without incident, minus another rock chip to the windshield while driving through Texas (already fixed, thanks Safelite). Currently staying in Lexena to save some $$ while hotel traveling with dogs. Can’t wait to get settled into a place.

We made it to the area without incident, minus another rock chip to the windshield while driving through Texas (already fixed, thanks Safelite). Currently staying in Lexena to save some $$ while hotel traveling with dogs. Can’t wait to get settled into a place.
Welcome!!!

Just a little follow up because I hate leaving things open ended. We’re in a rental, finally got our household goods delivered, and are most of the way unpacked. Movers didn’t lose or steal anything, and only the chest freezer lid got a couple of new dents but is otherwise no worse for wear.

On a side note: moving cross country during the holidays and trying to get into a place quickly on the receiving end is next to impossible. These property management offices want 3-4 weeks before you can move into an already vacant house, and I couldn’t do another night in a motel. We managed to get into a small, unremodled older house (wife isn’t impressed with the kitchen). A ranch style so the 12 years old pooch doesn’t have to traverse too many steps, with the mandatory 2 car garage. No 220 in the garage (not a surprise) and I’m not sure about running an extension cord from the basement laundry up (will have to check the neutral/ground wiring).

All in all life is good. We’re happy to be here starting this new chapter of our lives.

I’m sure we can help on any 220 needs With a quick message. I ran a 100ft extension for 5 years before getting my own place and wiring up welder plugs in a house I owned....it can be done.

What part of town did you end up in for now. The group is pretty evenly distributed through the city, and have learned that someone is always a stones throw away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom