Motor, fj25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was thinking of switching motor and drive train out of my 59 fj25. What do you folks suggest. Getting ready to reinstall carb, just had it rebuilt. Will post video when it's purring again. Possibly selling motor/ trans. Not sure of the price yet.

If your engine is original to your 25 I would strongly suggest keeping it. Swap it for whatever you want if you absolutely must. But definitely keep it.

If your engine is not original to your 25 then keeping a non-matching-number block doesn't make a lot of sense from a resale/restoration standpoint---outside of just the nostalgia.

Another option is to drop in a 2F long block for the upgraded performance and bolt on 25 accessories for "the look."

Another option is to drop in a 2F long block for the upgraded performance and bolt on 25 accessories for "the look."

This.

Biggest issue I see is changing the transmission and transfer case with later Land Cruiser the rear output will move to right. Seen a 59 FJ25 many years I was thinking of buying. At some point a 73 train train had been installed. Rear axle was gone but told it was from the 73 with the offset. That easy enough to switch back. Was wasn't easy was the torque tube behind the transfer case had been cut out because it interfered with the rear driveline. That won't be as easy to put back.

You got it.

20160711_103143.jpg

Tidy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom