For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

@Ozark Bushwalker I’ve looked at this truck in person, just popped in as it’s down the road from me so I didn’t get to drive or pop the hood. It’s clean and in decent shape overall. Didn’t see the history but it has been re-sprayed on the rear driver quarter, looked underneath and didn’t see any sign of damage or collision in that area. Noticeable tape line on the two tone from the re-spray job also. Frame and undercarriage was rust free. No leaks at the axles, swivels could use a good cleaning and degrease. Steering wheel has new leather wrap that’s been done poorly. Personally think it’s overpriced, but this sellers vehicles typically are.
Did you get a look at the condition of the heater hoses? At this price and this mileage I’d want compression test numbers and an oil analysis..

They also have a 98 100 series with 375k and they’re asking 11k for that.

I think they are a dealer and might offer financing. But still, 17k seems a bit steep as we’re heading into a recession. I’d say 12k seems about right as long as it pulls strong and tracks straight.

If a sought after vehicle doesn't sell within a day or two then it is overpriced. If you aren't kicking tires then make an appointment and be prepared to offer your price. If the vehicle is functional and operating fine they don't need to give you a discount for preventative maintenance like head gasket or knuckle service. That is on the buyer IMO.
There’s also not as much of a market for these trucks here in Arkansas as there is out west. They can be hard to sell in the Midwest and southwest IME.

@Ozark Bushwalker i didn’t get a look at the heater hoses. Yeah I saw the 100 this week, took a quick look but too much for that amount of miles. Doubt they offer financing as it’s a basically a father son operation, they buy several vehicles at a time clean them up an re-sell.

@Ozark Bushwalker Are you back in the 80:series world?

I enjoyed your posts when you had a different call sign, last I heard you wanted to get out of an 80 series.

Carbed South American 97 with 43k miles. sold for $132k including fees.

3x locked 97 with 175k miles ome bp51 suspension and light refurb. sold for $54,075 including fees.

Carbed South American 97 with 43k miles. sold for $132k including fees.

3x locked 97 with 175k miles ome bp51 suspension and light refurb. sold for $54,075 including fees.

Place is it’s own ecosphere of insanity these days.

I would argue that its a fantastic place to judge the top of the market. Let’s us plebs know what our vehicles can sell for if they’re really nice.

It's a curated market shopped by people with way to much money.

Sadly it's allowed people to assume they're vehicle with worth more than it is.

Bring a trailer is a terrible resource to try and judge a market.
Yea, pretty sure it was just two guys whose bidding shot the price from ~$70k (still crazy) to $127.5. All BaT takes for a price to skyrocket is two dudes with similar taste and too much money. Definitely not a good gauge of anything unless you think measuring nothing but outliers makes for good data.

It's a curated market shopped by people with way to much money.

Sadly it's allowed people to assume they're vehicle with worth more than it is.
The fact that those people exist dictates the market. You can not seperate part of the market and say "this over here is the real market". There is one market and all sales affect it.

The fact that those people exist dictates the market. You can not seperate part of the market and say "this over here is the real market". There is one market and all sales affect it.

There are 2 markets for every car.

There is the average car and the high end car.

Bring a trailer is a curated site selling the best cars to people with the most money. This does not represent the market. People see vehicles on bat and assume their dd is now worth that. And for 99% of cars they don't.

Even BaT varies wildly, it is an action after all. The right day of the week, with the right car and the right bidders, crazy things can happen. Many cars can't meet BaT standards. There are some auctions that appear to go way above market value, and some even on BaT sell for below market value for whatever reason.

The funny thing is people generally only share or pay attention to those highest price points - bias, outliers, finest examples, unicorns, whatever you want to call them. We should all start sharing the ho hum sales 😆

Last edited:
Even BaT varies wildly, it is an action after all. The right day of the week, with the right car and the right bidders, crazy things can happen. Many cars can't meet BaT standards. There are some auctions that appear to go way above market value and some even on BaT sell for below market value for whatever reason.

The funny thing is people generally only share or pay attention to the highest price points - which can bias other sellers.

Bat has a scatter chart you can view which is nice.

You are correct, sir. It may be sad (to some), but it is true…and I wasn’t even a business major

Bat has a scatter chart you can view which is nice.
This is a good feature. Easy to see that (usually) it's the rarest, or most original, or best modified cars that fetch the very highest prices, which is to be expected. The ordinary cars seem to (usually) get ordinary prices, again, as would be expected. The worth of a thing is equal to what someone will pay for it. Econ 101.

That said, I never cease to be amazed at the sheer quantity of South/Central American Landcruisers with "spray and pray" type restorations that garner big money on BaT. Not sure exactly what's driving that.

Okay so NOT looking at BaT and looking at places like marketplace, mud and yes, fleabay… I’d say the market is cooling down rapidly from 6 months ago

Okay so NOT looking at BaT and looking at places like marketplace, mud and yes, fleabay… I’d say the market is cooling down rapidly from 6 months ago

eBay has a nice feature showing sold listings.

I have a friend who owns a dealership. On the whole the car market is normalizing

And I thought the price last year was insane. It is a very rare spec (1 of a few hundred locked collectors editions) and in very good cosmetic and mechanical shape. Seems like the higher prices are here to stay and the nice ones certainly won‘t be selling for what they were before 2020 like many are hoping for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom