For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

Yeah, I'd see if they'd be willing to sell for $8,000 to $12,000...

In any case, if the title isn't in the name of the seller, I'd personally walk away. I don't play with curbstoners and flippers.

If it's an enthusiast that's actually bled and sweat into it and is taking a loss on at least their time, I'd consider playing, but the price is still way too high for what it is.

Appreciate the feedback. You don’t think 8-12k would be insulting, though? I was thinking if everything checks out that around 14-17k would be an ok deal based on what I’ve seen in the past 3 months since I started really shopping.

Appreciate the feedback. You don’t think 8-12k would be insulting, though? I was thinking if everything checks out that around 14-17k would be an ok deal based on what I’ve seen in the past 3 months since I started really shopping.
Did you go check it out? What did you think and offer?

Why is it too risky? There has been big money spent on the well-presented trucks.

It's the ones with a reserve that aren't getting bid because the bidders all know the seller's head is still in the clouds on price. You'll likely get your best offer on BaT than any other platform, so why not go for it?

Or you can sell it for half that price to us cheap bastards...
@TheLCProject took your advice and my rig just went live!! There was quite a waitlist to go live, but the day has finally come! Anyone interested please don’t hesitate to reach out.

@TheLCProject took your advice and my rig just went live!! There was quite a waitlist to go live, but the day has finally come! Anyone interested please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Curious where you would have set the reserve if they had allowed it?

Curious on peoples thoughts on this potential deal. Thanks in advance for the insights and recommendations:

clean title, 2 owner, recent maintenance history only (~1 year), carfax shows no accidents, verified no bondo, 3x locked (tested and engaged), emerald green X tan, no cracks in the dash, all panels match pink slip vin, first 40k miles were in the Midwest with the same owner move to CA and that is where it’s been for the last 20+ years, no underbody rust but old oil and mud residue caked up ( I did my best to randomly sample and get to metal), 194k miles (consistent odometer readings throughout its life), the following has been done in the last 5k with records: heater hoses, power steering pump/hose, egr valve, front and rear brake pads, ttansmission hose, oem radiator, new front upholstery, both front seats work completely, power windows work, alternator, rebuilt oem starter

Cons: hood and roof fade, D light does not work, overhead bulb doesn’t work, ‘wood’ trim is peeling, rear seats are more warn than I have seen, no floor mats, front roof rack seal shows a little surface rust (none in gutter so assume water got trapped), moon roof has front plastic interior trim missing, spotted a fraying serpentine belt but seller said they would have the local shop address it, 285/75/16 ko2 that are currently on it need replacing in the next 10k, droopy driver visor, rear left passenger door lock worked 80% of the time.

I took it to his mechanic (vehicle is several hours away from my shop) and chatted with him and said it was solid and things that needed to be addressed had been. Was able to get it on the lift and poke around. Originally I was cautious that this could be his buddy but yelp/google reviews seemed solid with 100+ reviews between the two of them.

We are currently agreed at 17.7k

I like preventative maintenance and would like to continue to baseline the truck so shoot over recommendations (or threads) on things I should do within the next 5k. I’ve driven ~4 80’s the last few months of my search for the next project and this one by far drives the tightest and has the least amount of quarks so inclined to grab it. To also be clear and transparent, this rig will not be wheeled extremely hard. Triple lock is not a requirement for me but this checks the majority of the boxes I am after and within my price range so my logic is to grab it and enjoy the sought after feature.

Last edited:
Curious on peoples thoughts on this potential deal. Thanks in advance for the insights and recommendations:

clean title, 2 owner, recent maintenance history only (~1 year), carfax shows no accidents, verified no bondo, 3x locked (tested and engaged), emerald green X tan, no cracks in the dash, all panels match pink slip vin, first 40k miles were in the Midwest with the same owner move to CA and that is where it’s been for the last 20+ years, no underbody rust but old oil and mud residue caked up ( I did my best to randomly sample and get to metal), 194k miles (consistent odometer readings throughout its life), the following has been done in the last 5k with records: heater hoses, power steering pump/hose, egr valve, front and rear brake pads, ttansmission hose, oem radiator, new front upholstery, both front seats work completely, power windows work, alternator, rebuilt oem starter

Cons: hood and roof fade, D light does not work, overhead bulb doesn’t work, ‘wood’ trim is peeling, rear seats are more warn than I have seen, no floor mats, front roof rack seal shows a little surface rust (none in gutter so assume water got trapped), moon roof has front plastic interior trim missing, spotted a fraying serpentine belt but seller said they would have the local shop address it, 285/75/16 ko2 that are currently on it need replacing in the next 10k, droopy driver visor, rear left passenger door lock worked 80% of the time.

I took it to his mechanic (vehicle is several hours away from my shop) and chatted with him and said it was solid and things that needed to be addressed had been. Was able to get it on the lift and poke around. Originally I was cautious that this could be his buddy but yelp/google reviews seemed solid with 100+ reviews between the two of them.

We are currently agreed at 17.7k

I like preventative maintenance and would like to continue to baseline the truck so shoot over recommendations (or threads) on things I should do within the next 5k. I’ve driven ~4 80’s the last few months of my search for the next project and this one by far drives the tightest and has the least amount of quarks so inclined to grab it. To also be clear and transparent, this rig will not be wheeled extremely hard. Triple lock is not a requirement for me but this checks the majority of the boxes I am after and within my price range so my logic is to grab it and enjoy the sought after feature.
If you don't have to act fast I'd try to test the compression and verify the cooling system is holding pressure also. Ask if the top end has been rebuilt also; they usually start leaking at the valve stem seals around that mileage.

I'm about to buy a Land Cruiser and am looking for input on the price.

'97, 265k miles, white with good paint. One fist sized dent on rear fender and two pinhole rust spots on trunk door. Spent life in CA, NM, WA, and VA. It's pretty clean underneath. Interior is decent for it's age. Well maintained.

Carfax lists 7 owners, no accidents, and previous owner was issued a "exceeds mechanical limits title" which is most likely due to DMV error.

ARB front bumper, ARB roof rack, ARB air lockers, Nitro Gears 4.88's, OME 3" lift, 35" tires on steel wheels, fenders removed.

List $16k, agreed to $12k. Purchasing tomorrow. Thoughts?

Last edited:
That’s not a bad price. I’ve found a few rust free white hatches over the years for ~$500.

If it's in good driving condition and you're looking for a very serious offroad machine, sounds like a good deal. More mods means more potential for problems though, so depending on your projected use an example closer to stock condition might be a better idea.

What do people think of this one? It came up for sale recently; looks nice cosmetically and has some good recent PM but it's been sitting for the past 2 weeks at their 17k asking price. I asked about the head-gasket and knuckle service and they weren't sure. Is this overpriced for the market nowadays?

1666141179067.png

What do people think of this one? It came up for sale recently; looks nice cosmetically and has some good recent PM but it's been sitting for the past 2 weeks at their 17k asking price. I asked about the head-gasket and knuckle service and they weren't sure. Is this overpriced for the market nowadays?
If a sought after vehicle doesn't sell within a day or two then it is overpriced. If you aren't kicking tires then make an appointment and be prepared to offer your price. If the vehicle is functional and operating fine they don't need to give you a discount for preventative maintenance like head gasket or knuckle service. That is on the buyer IMO.

For me. I'm willing to pay a premium for proof of PM. Lack of evidence of maintenance, wether it runs well or not will get you a lower offer from me and I'd be much more willing to walk away.

@Ozark Bushwalker I’ve looked at this truck in person, just popped in as it’s down the road from me so I didn’t get to drive or pop the hood. It’s clean and in decent shape overall. Didn’t see the history but it has been re-sprayed on the rear driver quarter, looked underneath and didn’t see any sign of damage or collision in that area. Noticeable tape line on the two tone from the re-spray job also. Frame and undercarriage was rust free. No leaks at the axles, swivels could use a good cleaning and degrease. Steering wheel has new leather wrap that’s been done poorly. Personally think it’s overpriced, but this sellers vehicles typically are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom