Monthly get together (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok so with my new position comes the responsibility of planning rides, with the lack of attendance of any monthly meeting but the interest in get together still talked about there has to be a way to make something happen.
I'm floating this idea for feedback and thoughts. I want to know what you guys think/want to do, I'm thinking a scheduled ride once a month at one of the local parks, we can rotate month to month etc, just a scheduled day trip, if people want to so up early or stay late fantastic, but just get together.
Obviously the months that we already have a event planned would be exempt "may for GSMTR, October/November for the annual".
Not everyone will make all of them including myself but maybe we can become a more active group.
Let me know what you think, let's at least start having a conversation.

Would it be reasonable to include wrenching/shop get-to-gethers in the mix? I recall a couple of work days at Roger's that were a lot of fun that were fantastic opportunities to get to know the members.

Would it be reasonable to include wrenching/shop get-to-gethers in the mix? I recall a couple of work days at Roger's that were a lot of fun that were fantastic opportunities to get to know the members.

This has been discussed, and would definitely be an option at different times. Providing Roger is okay with it lol.

May be a bit of a drive for some of you guys but we're headed to choccolocco on March 12th. Location is Jacksonville, AL and is a great park

That might be an option Ted, my intention is to get the club more active on a regular basis. We can't seem to get a meeting together so I thought I'd try a different approach.

That might be an option Ted, my intention is to get the club more active on a regular basis. We can't seem to get a meeting together so I thought I'd try a different approach.

it can be a challenge at times. Typically, we lay out the entire years schedule in Dec. just so ppl know how to plan. This year is an exception however. Good luck!!

I know someone else with a shop for wrench time also!! Would be nice just to get together and hang out!!

Thank you sir, there is a good chance we will invade.

I want to get out more. I am hopeful that once the house is done and I have a shop that isn't full of furniture and house crap that I can get the 80 in and get some PM squared away as well as getting some of the new goodies that I have shelved for it installed. Given the number of folks that came out to New Years Ride I think this might be a good idea.

And though I haven't been to the work days at Roger's, I think those would be good to mix in from time to time. Heck for that matter, maybe we could even do some HAMOM's and show up and help out on a project. Like maybe doing a motor swap in an 88 4Runner... :p (kidding unless you want some help)

I also think that getting together on weekends may give more folks the opportunity. Week nights can be hard for folks, believe me I know.

As a whole I like the idea, but I want to be very open that with house where it as and the impending move and settling period, I am going to go ahead and say that while I will cheer you guys on from the sidelines, I am going to check out on most everything until we get moved. Currently aiming for being up and running for GSMTR and hopefully be ready to push forward from there.

Shop days can be very inclusive; not just working on someone's truck. For example, helping friends in building their shops or installing their lifts were times that I have enjoyed. These were projects that really were aided by having extra hands on deck, plus friendships were strengthened too.

Last edited:
I am down for a monthly meeting, whether that's a group ride or a shop day. Maybe we put together a monthly week night dinner somewhere every third Thursday (for example), and then have a group ride or shop day on a weekend.

Great idea Jason. May do a shop day or 2 before GSMTR to help folks get ready. Right now my shop is perty full with 40 project but hoping to get it done by MartiKrawl. April is MK, for those that have not been, Hawk Pride is a great park. June/ July I would like to do Expo run on the Ky Back Country Byway.
Bama4door we have a thread for monthly meetings/ dinner but it has been over 6 months since we could get the group together.

I got an idea .... Why not just post "We are having a meeting on March 1 @ 7pm at the Cool Springs Old Chicago or The Brew House". The ones who can make it will show up . Hey it's a start , but trying to accommodate everyone's schedule will never work. Just got to put a date up of an event , meeting or what have you and people will show up . Also getting the word out is a BIG factor also .

@TeddyBoy what time and day are y'all Georgia fellow's get to Chocco and are any camping ?

@TeddyBoy what time and day are y'all Georgia fellow's get to Chocco and are any camping ?

welcome back buddy!!

rig or not I should be there Fri evening. there's a pretty good Mexican restaurant nearby so expect some good eatin' and maybe a few Margaritas!! We usually camp at least Fri night and probably Saturday unless everyone's junk breaks. gonna have a really good group, about 8 of us.

Seriously do not wanna butt in on what you guys are workin on but Chocco really is a great park and home of the infamous Boat Ramp obstacle.

I got an idea .... Why not just post "We are having a meeting on March 1 @ 7pm at the Cool Springs Old Chicago or The Brew House". The ones who can make it will show up . Hey it's a start , but trying to accommodate everyone's schedule will never work. Just got to put a date up of an event , meeting or what have you and people will show up . Also getting the word out is a BIG factor also .

Hey Rocky, I was just trying to feel out whether people would rather do a week night meeting or a day trip somewhere short. I'm trying to work up a calendar, and like you said who ever shows up shows up.

welcome back buddy!!

rig or not I should be there Fri evening. there's a pretty good Mexican restaurant nearby so expect some good eatin' and maybe a few Margaritas!! We usually camp at least Fri night and probably Saturday unless everyone's junk breaks. gonna have a really good group, about 8 of us.

Seriously do not wanna butt in on what you guys are workin on but Chocco really is a great park and home of the infamous Boat Ramp obstacle.

Hey Ted, you're not butting in at all, hopefully a few guys can make the trip. I've just got to much going at the moment to make it. Although I'd rather be in the woods.

March 1st @ 7pm sounds great to me...never been to Brew House, but sounds fun.

Hey Rocky, I was just trying to feel out whether people would rather do a week night meeting or a day trip somewhere short. I'm trying to work up a calendar, and like you said who ever shows up shows up.

Hey Ted, you're not butting in at all, hopefully a few guys can make the trip. I've just got to much going at the moment to make it. Although I'd rather be in the woods.
I think a weeknight dinner and a weekend day trip spread out in the month would be awesome.

I think a weeknight dinner and a weekend day trip spread out in the month would be awesome.

Getting this crew together for one thing a month hasn't been happening, let alone two.
From the looks of it there still seems to be more interest in a week night deal, than a day trip. Might still try and schedule a work day at some point.
You guys set the date and time and place, I will attend when I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom