Molle Seat Back Panel for LC Seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have seen pictures of Molle or whatever you call them (velcro strips) panels for the back of the front seats of a Jeep. With the velcro strips you can mount pouches, etc. I would likely use it to mount a larger bag for guidebooks, a map case, sunglasses/glasses holder, and a few other odds and ends. Might mount to the back of the passenger seat so I can reach it from the driver's seat. I don't want a full seat cover. Just the back panel.

Anyone know of a good one that fits the LC seats? (2016)

MOLLE Seat-Back Panel 18''x22''

I don't have this panel, as the kids would destroy anything on the seat back with their little munchkin ninja feet, but I have used blue Ridge gear, and it is top notch quality.

That will do it. Thanks!

MOLLE Seat-Back Panel 18''x22''

I don't have this panel, as the kids would destroy anything on the seat back with their little munchkin ninja feet, but I have used blue Ridge gear, and it is top notch quality.

OK... THAT is super cool! Will give me a perfect spot for a lot of gear and skippered cases for a ton of stuff that won't have to go in my drawer! Thank you for the link!! Never even thought of that...

RE Molle panel... The link above is specific to a flat back row seat.

This one is for the back of bucket seats (front seats)... I just ordered one:

MOLLE Seat-Back Panel 14''x22''

Also ordered this "Attic" which is something I've been wishing for:

Landcruiser Attic

Thanks. I was thinking that the 14 x 22 would be the right size. And I've heard you all talk about the attic. I suspected it was something like this. I'll definitely grab one of those as well. Too bad they can't arrive before my next trip. Maybe I'll have them shipped to my destination.

Be mindful, I made my own attic with some spare cargo/trunk elastic netting from a BMW I was parting out. I attached it via the what-the-hell-are-you-doing handles like the Blue Ridge one but it hung a bit low for my liking. Story of my life. Between the height of the handles and the design of the roof it was in my field of view too much. I had an idea to keep it more snug to the roof but never got around to making it happen. If I can find that elastic netting I might give her another go while the weather is decent here.

Be mindful, I made my own attic with some spare cargo/trunk elastic netting from a BMW I was parting out. I attached it via the what-the-hell-are-you-doing handles like the Blue Ridge one but it hung a bit low for my liking. Story of my life. Between the height of the handles and the design of the roof it was in my field of view too much. I had an idea to keep it more snug to the roof but never got around to making it happen. If I can find that elastic netting I might give her another go while the weather is decent here.

I did think of your cool homemade net. What I like about this one it it has both a screen-like net that can be adjusted for tightness, and also a cross-crossed 550 cord strubg on the underside in case you want to put something damp under there rather than against the ceiling. Have a look at their video on it. I think it's pretty slick...

I did think of your cool homemade net. What I like about this one it it has both a screen-like net that can be adjusted for tightness, and also a cross-crossed 550 cord strubg on the underside in case you want to put something damp under there rather than against the ceiling. Have a look at their video on it. I think it's pretty slick...

Right, but go out to the 200 and run a string from one handle to the other and pull it tight. There's a really big gap between the string and the ceiling in the center of the 200. Enough so that I don't think elastic would hold anything up there. My idea was to make brackets that bolt to the handle mounts but raise the mount point of the attic. It's hard to explain maybe.

Right, but go out to the 200 and run a string from one handle to the other and pull it tight. There's a really big gap between the string and the ceiling in the center of the 200. Enough so that I don't think elastic would hold anything up there. My idea was to make brackets that bolt to the handle mounts but raise the mount point of the attic. It's hard to explain maybe.

I think I understand. But this unit is not elastic. Also...the ceiling drops lower over the front seats for the sun roof. Makes sort of a natural barrier to launching forward.

We'll see soon... I'll be sure and post photos and see how it looks in reference to your thought.

I think I understand. But this unit is not elastic. Also...the ceiling drops lower over the front seats for the sun roof. Makes sort of a natural barrier to launching forward.

We'll see soon... I'll be sure and post photos and see how it looks in reference to your thought.

Right on, hopefully it works out. I definitely like the idea of attic storage. Looking forward to pics.

Right on, hopefully it works out. I definitely like the idea of attic storage. Looking forward to pics.

By the way... I really liked your homemade solution. I just felt too dumb to tie my own... :doh:

I did use a web of strong bungee cords last summer to transport a huge, glass-framed picture several thousand miles and it worked a charm. It's a great space for certain things, so I'm looking forward to a permanent solution.

I have a BROG seat panel on a second row seat as well as the BROG attic. The attic is pretty useful. The seat panel is very functional but results in dangling straps that can be tedious to contain. That doesn't bother me, but backseat passengers can find it annoying.

You'll need to remove your screens to install the panel on a front seat.

I have a BROG seat panel on a second row seat as well as the BROG attic. The attic is pretty useful. The seat panel is very functional but results in dangling straps that can be tedious to contain. That doesn't bother me, but backseat passengers can find it annoying.

You'll need to remove your screens to install the panel on a front seat.

Hooray! I have no screens...

About the straps... Could you just tuck them into one of the molle weaves, or velcro them with another piece of velcro?
I guess I'll find out soon, as one of each are on the way... ;)

I stumbled across a company called greymantactical.com, they sell molle panels in various sizes that fit seat backs. They might be worth a look.

Last edited:
I roll up the straps with web dominators but you'll see that there are trade offs with tucking them backwards as it puts leverage on the buckle. Not a huge deal at all and I'm sure there's a solution.

RE Molle panel... The link above is specific to a flat back row seat.

This one is for the back of bucket seats (front seats)... I just ordered one:

MOLLE Seat-Back Panel 14''x22''

Also ordered this "Attic" which is something I've been wishing for:

Landcruiser Attic

Received and installed both the above and they are great for what I want. I'll try to post photos soon...

Mine came in and I installed both. All I have in the attic now is a lightweight blanket - more as a test than anything else. Works find. Doesn't droop enough to come into the view of my mirror. I also have the seat back panel in - mostly. The rear entertainment screen wasn't really an issue. But I don't like the way I have the bottom secured. I'll take pics tomorrow if we have enough light here in Seattle to get a decent picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom