Moisture in Leak Detection Pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi friends,

I've got a puzzler. 2013 LC200, 12g LRA tank installed, hoses routed per guide (thoroughly read through the various posts after my first charcoal canister replacement though I blamed that one on fuel overfill), only thing missing from the updated setup is the high flow filter (on order)

This charcoal canister is a year old, started throwing codes, pulled it to inspect, no liquid in the canister, screen from the pump to the canister looks fine besides a couple chunks but no staining from fuel saturation. Ran the techstream test to tun the pump, sounded like garbage. Bench tested the pump to see if it's low voltage or something, still sounded like garbage.

Inside the pump itself, it's disgusting.

We haven't taken the truck on any trails this year, just driving around in upstate NY. I'm struggling with how much liquid could possibly get through the filters.
We've been super careful about overfilling, I've cleaned the filter reasonably frequently (it does get absolutely disgusting), all fender liners are installed and look in decent shape.

I saw someone high looped their filter and routed the actual element a little lower, but didn't see it that was successful in the threads.... but any ideas would be welcome while I still have everything disassembled and am waiting on the new canister assembly.

Last time I change the canister I swapped the OEM filter with a new one, new lines, new everything past the canister. I unfortunately can't do this every year, it's getting pricy....

1000004816.jpg

PXL_20231213_134332966.jpg

PXL_20231213_134203373.jpg

PXL_20231213_134158361.jpg

PXL_20231213_134148388.jpg

Good news, I'm just an idiot. I had my inlet filter up by the filler neck per the diagram

But I live in upstate NY! Where it's always terrible weather out. I'm pretty sure the water my AT tires kicked up into the fender ended up drenching my filter.
Somehow I didn't realize how wide of a gap there was between the fender liner and the body.

Here's hoping a little split hose around the edge and a little silicone to keep it in place keeps my filter a little dryer

1000004913.jpg

Longer term plan, I pulled a scan of the area behind the liner, maybe I can design a little TPU rubber shield that fits to the body...
1000004914.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom