Model year vs Production Date For fJ40's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ahhhhh, that's feeds into another question I had. I noticed my transmission hump has holes for the shift/selector knobs. I thought the 3 speed was a 3 on the tree. So, my 11/73 would have had the 4-speed transmission?
Not necessarily. My 11/73 ('74) is a 3 speed.

IMG_3235.jpeg

3 speed was also offered on the floor for several years

4 speed was the norm on 74' model... however some people got jipped and got a 3 speed :) the 3 speed on the floor was the only way to get it AFAIK in 74'

3 speed ended 12/74 in usa.... however it was offered world wide much later like 82-83 some point

Okay @JohnnyC , Where was the plate(s) mounted on an FJ45 in either '61, '65, or '66?

My forward pillar doesn't have any holes for the plate. Was it on the firewall?

The driver's A pillar had a plaque held on with pop rivets starting 3/69. When the plaque under the hood moved from firewall to the fender not sure. When the factory heater blower was added to the right side of the firewall the vacuum switch for 4WD moved towards the center. Believe this was the reason the plaque moved from the firewall to the fender. All early firewall plaque were held on with machine screws while all fender plaque were sheet metal screws. My 68 used four screws. Think it was 75 with the change in plaques it switched to just two.

By the order I bought parts for my 68 believe I bought these seats prior to 83. Probably the reason the plugs that were installed when the cruiser didn't have the optional headrest were still there. When I bought my 76 all it had was a empty holes. What I know of the back ground of these cruiser I'm betting the plugs were popped out and got lost. Not sure when the headrest starting being standard, 79? But my thought that is why there are more surviving bucket seats then headrests. The plugs do not snap in but just rubber plug easily removed which explains why they are long gone on most seats. Here are some pictures I found of my plugs.
View attachment 1418057 View attachment 1418058 View attachment 1418059
Oh damn! I have some of those plugs laying around and I had no idea where they came from! Now I do. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom