Mississippi Day Trips and Cool Places - Official Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After lunch we all split up but the dunes were on the way home for me and Jonathan

We hooked back up with Laird and went to Jonathan’s farm. That’s where the track ends….

192 miles. Lots of fun. I recommend it. Just don’t be going into the dunes without permission. 😬

6C54D8FE-E90A-46C1-96E8-DADF716E1250.jpeg

CF4E1DD7-128F-4537-83E2-C547697F6687.jpeg

472D97FD-C2C9-48C0-9A1E-B530B3F054CB.jpeg

LarryB and I went and explored DeSoto today. Waded in some cool clear water. Did about 130 miles off road looping around the range at Camp Shelby and up through the northern sector

IMG_2857.jpeg

IMG_2858.jpeg

IMG_2859.jpeg

IMG_2864.jpeg

IMG_2865.jpeg

LarryB and I struck out for a burger at Onward Store to find it closed up and out of business.

Not to be deterred we pressed on and ended up at the only restaurant in Rolling Fork …. Bumpers.

The burger and fries were marginal but they put a whole bag of Oreos in my milkshake.

Route took us through Oil City to Satartia then through the Delta National Forest to Onward

IMG_9757.jpeg

IMG_9758.jpeg

IMG_9759.jpeg

From Shipland we had aforementioned burgers and shakes (Laird had strawberry which is pretty common there in the delta)

We tried to loop back through Delta but we ran into a monster downed tree so we hopped back on the levees and traveled up to Hillside and across to Ebenezer then down to Hwy 16

225 mile loop. Superb day.

I know where I was when WW3 started.

IMG_9763.jpeg

IMG_9764.jpeg

IMG_9765.jpeg

IMG_9767.jpeg

IMG_9770.jpeg

It’s a shame that the old Onward store can’t make it.
Good run. Perfect day.

How is Rolling Fork making out? Went through there on the way back from SCC in October. Still pretty rough. Only one gas station open.

How is Rolling Fork making out? Went through there on the way back from SCC in October. Still pretty rough. Only one gas station open.

Coming back. Slowly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom