Mini Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Asking for Mud assistance, I'm looking at a truck out west (Tuscon) and was hoping the experts on here could assist. Here is the CL link: Clean 85 Toyota Hilux Pickup 22R Lifted 35 BFG Muds 85k Orig Miles.

1. Guy selling the truck is named Carl, apparently he's flipping it, I wanted to see if anyone had dealt with him before. He sells Toyotas, Broncos and other 4WDs.
2. Would some of you call him or email the CL ad to see if this seems legit. Contact info below.
Email through eBay or Call 52O-Nine 77-O112 for any questions prior to clicking.
3. For these Toyotas- what are some of the main issues to resolve or determine prior to purchase. I'll have to rely on a third party inspection and ship back East.

Thanks.

Scott

A quick run though of the CL add:

35" tires with 4.10 gears
Weber carb
It has new gear oil in all four cases. Really? What is the fourth?

Stuff I mentioned in a PM:

No mention of the massive body lift

Too many superlatives

Dirty brake fluid

I think the 4 cases are trans, transfer, and 2 axles

No mention of drop draglink or high steer either

Rear drive shaft is on backwards.

The door panels do bother me as they are mismatched

All of the things mentioned above...

Interior condition is probably not in very good shape as the seller mentions aftermarket wheel, no pics showing seat condition, no pics showing dash condition, mismatching interior panels, mismatching exterior DLX/SR5 chrome. Lack of high steer with lots of lift. Cheap shocks. I don't like resprays. I don't like the fact that the tires are likely nearing 10 years old.

Somebody has indeed put some money into it, but I wouldn't pay what they're asking.

So I called the guy. Kinda odd, he stated all work to include tires all done within last 500 miles (I didn't verify receipts) but very doubtful that is true. He was full of information just not sure all he was dishing was legit, gonna pass and keep looking. Let me know if yall see a good one out there. Thanks for the input.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom