Military Tires will not mount??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gaffney, SC ... Where the Prime Outlets are ..

Just an hour south of Concord, North Charlotte maybe ....

WTF is Tega Cay ??? hahaha

-Josh

ahh ok when you said south of charlotte I was thinking actually south not west :flipoff2:

Yeah not too far from us

Niice, Maybe I will be able to join to you guys, with the Mid-Atlantic club, this spring also .... Even though I'm not wheeling a Cruiser right now ...

Soon though ....

-Josh

I have contacted a bunch of different places to get these mounted. So I have a bunch of backup plans, in case Joe and I cannot seem to do it. He also has a friend that does agricultural/construction type vehicle tires, so hopefully that will help too.

This week is the week for this project. Everything, SHOULD be done, including these tires ....

Monday - Cut-Out Flares

Tues-Weds - ARBs, Gears, Knuckles, joints, 2" 70 shafts, Axle work, Etc.

Thurs - Fri - Suspension, Adj. Panhards, Tie & Relay Rods, ends, SS brake lines, etc.

and by this weekend, PICS ....

Thanks for the help, and if you have any more suggestions, please give me a hollaa ...

-Josh

Welllll .... none off the above ever got done ...

I cannot seem to find anyone that can, or would be willing to mount this wheel and tire combo. I am thinking about buying some beadlock conversions for the rims, but I think I would still be in the same situation as far as getting the bead inside the rim to initially mount ... aaahhh ...

A company I took them too today, White Tire, one recommended on this thread, said they COULD mount them, but WOULD NOT .. because they did not want to be liable for any failures. I guess the wheel lip is 1/3 the size of the tire bead, and they did not think it looked correct. I honestly don't see how that matters if it's sealed with air pressure ... Anyways, I took them to another Off-Road shop, and they said they would try it ... If that does not work, I might take Lt1fire's offer and drive down to Charlotte and have his company work on them.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know ...

If I cannot seem to mount these, I might have to find a large radial ... biggest I have found is a 42"

Thanks,

J-

Glad we were able to get those on for you Josh.... took some major muscle though :grinpimp:

Yeah, Thanks again to all you guys, you have no idea ... These things look pretty niiice ... The truck is under the knife now. I've been working all week on it, and should be done tomorrow ...

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

-Josh

mmm XMLs

I also have the same problem. I have 395 r20 Goodyear's I need installed on 20 inch XD aluminum rims. Can y'all help? I'm in Gaffney SC.

try this along with a tire mounting strap...

Get yourself 2 good semi truck tire irons like the Ken-tools, get a bucket of tire lube and get busy. Those are going to be too big to be machine mounted at a tire shop, but as a kid 16-22 I used to mount and unmount semi and heavy equipment tires with just those 3 things. It’s hard physical labor but it’s doable.

Get yourself 2 good semi truck tire irons like the Ken-tools, get a bucket of tire lube and get busy. Those are going to be too big to be machine mounted at a tire shop, but as a kid 16-22 I used to mount and unmount semi and heavy equipment tires with just those 3 things. It’s hard physical labor but it’s doable.

I bought $200 worth of tools 2000lds winch tire lube and still can't even get the rim to go on one side. If 6'5 260lbs and I'm just going to take them to NC to be put on.

don’t mean to be hyjacking a thread or bringing one back from the dead for that matter but I’m in a pretty similar situation to the rest of you fellas. I’ve got a 61 Willy’s pickup project that I’ve gotten carried away with and now I’m looking at throwing a set of 46” Goodyear mvt’s under. I originally didn’t want the weight of an MRAP wheel on the ends of my axles so I sprung for a set of standard one piece aluminum wheels 20x10 of course. Took the wheels and tires to a local commercial shop and they wouldn’t mount them because of the difference in bead sizes. I ended up going for a set of MRAP wheels any way and bought a set of adapters to bring the bolt pattern down to 8x6.5. I absolutely hate how they look. I can’t get the darn things to hold air and theyre ungodly heavy. My question in all this blabbering is how did everyone make out mounting those tires on a standard truck wheel? Any issues with losing beads or keeping air? This seems to be the only place on the internet with guys that are running military tires on standard wheels so any insight to how it’s working for you guys is appreciated. Thanks in advance boys!

don’t mean to be hyjacking a thread or bringing one back from the dead for that matter but I’m in a pretty similar situation to the rest of you fellas. I’ve got a 61 Willy’s pickup project that I’ve gotten carried away with and now I’m looking at throwing a set of 46” Goodyear mvt’s under. I originally didn’t want the weight of an MRAP wheel on the ends of my axles so I sprung for a set of standard one piece aluminum wheels 20x10 of course. Took the wheels and tires to a local commercial shop and they wouldn’t mount them because of the difference in bead sizes. I ended up going for a set of MRAP wheels any way and bought a set of adapters to bring the bolt pattern down to 8x6.5. I absolutely hate how they look. I can’t get the darn things to hold air and theyre ungodly heavy. My question in all this blabbering is how did everyone make out mounting those tires on a standard truck wheel? Any issues with losing beads or keeping air? This seems to be the only place on the internet with guys that are running military tires on standard wheels so any insight to how it’s working for you guys is appreciated. Thanks in advance boys!
My tires are holding up great no rims slippage no loss of air they work perfect I'm extremely thrilled and satisfied

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom