SOLD Miami: 1986 FJ60 with the 5-speed mated to a 5.3 LM7 Vortec V8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Gray
Howdy Mud,

Time to sell my 86 FJ60 (built 6/1986), with the Toyota H55F 5-speed manual transmission and a 5.3 LM7 Vortec V8 out of a 2002 Silverado 1500.
I easily have $40k into this rig. Looking to get $24k for it.
Clean title in hand. True body, frame and engine mileages are unknown; all in great shape though.
Located in South Florida.

What needs attention:
*The interior is about 60% disassembled, new owner will have to put it back together (most parts will come included for this; some misc screws/trim pieces may be missing or damaged; the dash is cracked, please see pics)
*The gutters have to be resealed
*Needs an alignment

The good:
*No mechanical problems whatsoever. I have taken this rig in 500-mile round trips; I wouldn’t hesitate to drive it cross country.
*No leaks. New seals.
*New tires.
*Maintenance is current.
*This is one clean, solid truck. There's some surface rust, as expected for a truck this age, but there’s only bad rust in the front, passenger fender, where the battery originally went. It is not too bad, but that will have to addressed at some point. Please take a look at the pics and video.
*Been garaged and fluid-filmed for the time I’ve had it
*5-speed and 5.3 V8
*OME lift kid and steering stabilizer
*Recent, better than MAACO paint job. All glass in great shape (new windshield). Headliner is in great shape.
*Comes with a few goodies/spare parts that were in my to-do list: new LED headlights, new seat belt kit, rear seat from an FJ62, spare fuel pump, spare belts, Australian Door Cards, Pioneer speakers, more
*Many new parts
*You can safely assume that everything not included in “What needs attention” is in good working order

The log since I bought it:
Pictures and videos: 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 For Sale - https://photos.app.goo.gl/KgqkBWii2jfrshXt7

Please text me with any questions at 305-409-4717/ping me here.
Thanks for taking a look!

PXL_20220810_155827172.jpg

PXL_20220810_155937879.jpg

PXL_20220810_155803482.MP.jpg

PXL_20220810_160009962.MP.jpg

PXL_20220810_155652379.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings there. Do you know how many miles were on the engine when it was pulled from the Silverado? Great looking rig...serious buyer here. Thanks for your time.

@idahaas Howdy. That's unknown; I got a lot of paperwork from the PO, but that is not in there. My educated guess is that the current mileage on the engine is about ~150k miles; this is based on an inspection from cruisermatt, when he swapped the 4-speed for the 5-speed last year. I'll try to find his exact text, but it was something along the lines of "engine is good; looks like your typical 5.3 with 150k miles on it."

@idahaas Also, fwiw, I have 0 concerns about the engine. The only thing I had pending was installing this part from Improved Racing, Amazon product ASIN B01L9VR3M6, to address a mild ticking noise that sounds like lifters, but it is not. At least 2 guys here have installed it in their 5.3s to address the ticking I am talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom