Method Racing Wheels (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just ordered some cap extenders before I read your post. Were you able to find something that works for the 314?
I ordered my cap extenders for the 701s. The 701s weren't listed on the website as compatible, but I called Method and they confirmed they worked. I ordered 4, but only put them on the front wheels...still undecided if I will use the other two on the back.

1703899555066.png

Did you center caps fit on the rear wheels? I had to remove the metal spring on the spacer and line it up so it didn't hit the hub bolts - it was a tight fit by design so had to push it on pretty hard. Even with removing the metal spring under the spacer the center caps take a lot of force to move / spin in the wheel.

Here's the link: Center Cap Extension | Black - https://www.methodracewheels.com/products/center-cap-extension-black?variant=40725138964541
I have tried it without the metal ring too. Unfortunately, it just doesn't fit. I try any harder, I'll break the plastic. The cap extension physically doesn't fit my center hub area, it's 3mm bigger than my center cap and the hub seat. I have tried flexing it too trying to fit it somehow and use a rubber mallet to try and press fit it, it just doesn't fit physically. I chopped 1 extension to try and fit but I messed it up. I'll try another today. if it doesn't work then I'm just gonna let it be until someone figures something out.

IMG_20240129_113048.jpg
IMG_20240129_150824.jpg
IMG_20240129_163025~2.jpg

Method 316 17" +25 offset
Wildpeak AT4W 255/70/17

No poke or rub, maybe a half inch taller than the stock setup I had. On the wait-list for cap spacers for the fronts.

I did a lot of reading in this thread, appreciate everyone who posts, feels good to contribute. Loving my setup!

Method 316 17x8 +25 offset with 285/75r17 KO2s. Absolutely perfect stance IMHO, zero rubbing so far but we’ll see offroad (already did the pinch weld mod). Friend with a 3D printer working on a spacer for the front caps from the file posted earlier in this thread, but honestly wouldn’t mind painting the grease caps and running it as is.

IMG_1285.jpeg

IMG_1286.jpeg

Got to put on the new shoes this past week!

- MR314
- 17" in Gloss Titanium +25
- Wildpeak 285/70 on stock suspension
- @prickly I ended up ordering the spacers and they fit - not sure if you received different ones. Need two per side so I'll have to order 2 more
- Haven't tried flexing to check for rub yet but this one won't be off-road much. Based on research I shouldn't have a problem but was skeptical with the offset

View attachment 3512832
View attachment 3512837
View attachment 3512842
View attachment 3512843

Did you have to take anything off the front hub nuts or make any modification to fit the front wheel. I've seen both some that have to with the MR314 and some that don't mention that at all. Thanks!

Did you have to take anything off the front hub nuts or make any modification to fit the front wheel. I've seen both some that have to with the MR314 and some that don't mention that at all. Thanks!
Nope - didn't have to take anything off. I did have to remove the metal ring inside the center cap extension but that's it.

Nope - didn't have to take anything off. I did have to remove the metal ring inside the center cap extension but that's it.

Thank you, I think this is my next wheel!

Last edited:
Method 314 17x7.5 +25 offset
Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/75/17

IMG_8617.jpeg

IMG_8629.jpeg
IMG_8610.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg

Plenty of space on the front hub flanges. No issues.

2 extenders as others have used.

Did you face any fitment issue? The center caps dont fit mine because its 3mm larger.

No issues at all. Caps and extensions fit fine. They are tight, yes, but they fit.

I think it's possible you got the wrong size of extension. When you order, there are 2 sizes. I ordered the 107S. Can you look at your order and see what version you have?

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 9.03.17 AM.png

Method 316 17x8 +25 offset with 285/75r17 KO2s. Absolutely perfect stance IMHO, zero rubbing so far but we’ll see offroad (already did the pinch weld mod). Friend with a 3D printer working on a spacer for the front caps from the file posted earlier in this thread, but honestly wouldn’t mind painting the grease caps and running it as is.

View attachment 3592059
View attachment 3592060
New guy here! Thanks for sharing this, just ordered a set of 5 MR316's in gloss titanium same size and offset! I was hoping to get 701's but unfortunately you can't get them in a 17x8 +25. Once my cruiser comes off the boat from Japan and I get the lift/wheels on I will have to share some pictures. How much lift are you running?

New guy here! Thanks for sharing this, just ordered a set of 5 MR316's in gloss titanium same size and offset! I was hoping to get 701's but unfortunately you can't get them in a 17x8 +25. Once my cruiser comes off the boat from Japan and I get the lift/wheels on I will have to share some pictures. How much lift are you running?
Not a lot of lift, around 2”. But as everyone will tell you on this forum changing the set point of the suspension will not change the clearance for tires. That being said, zero rubbing so far for me on 285/75r17 KO2s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom