metaltech started (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i welded mine to a winch mounting plate i got from cool cruisers so i can remove it if needed and the plate is fairly thick 3/8's steel i think. its bolted to the frame with 6 5/8 x 1 1/2 long bolts 3 per side seems solid enough.

JRFJ4- said:
Does that thing bolt on or weld on? I just wanted it to be removable,so you could fold down the front bib. For pulling radiator, water pump, etc.

I have got a tubing bender borrowed, but I don't know about bending one up. It's got some odd angles to it. If that thing ain't right, it will show.

I want to bend one and attach my tube fenders to it and also then do the stinger.

Looks sweet, get out there and get to work.

J.R.

Prototype for a bolt on nose guard/winch mount will be in the works in the future at Metal Tech. We will be prototyping it on my rig sometime soon. I could tell you the correct angles and cut length but then again Mark would kill me for leaking such information.

Looks good Camcruiser13, you will enjoy that protection if the time ever comes when you flip over.

just updated, i know your teasin D, ill never go back to white. but i am trying to find a way to get toyota back on the front, my wife loves the grill emblem so i gotta fix it.

Stinger

I bought 80 feet of 1.75". I'll try to bend something up and see how it comes out. I know where they sell it if I screw up too much.

J.R.

i wouldve bent it myself, but i don have the tools, it shouldnt be too hard

The noseguard was the toughest thing for me to notch caveman style - the top bar took a lot of grinding and test fitting for me to get somewhat square. I welded the main hoop to the frame, that took a lot of "custom" fitment as well. The power steering plates tapered to an end right at the place the nose guard was supposed to go. I figure that a little more hassle getting to the radiator or headlights is probably worth it if the noseguard ever has to do its job. Saw the bolted on one in greenweeny's avatar collapse because of a s***ty bolt-on mount and decided mine was going to become one with the frame rails. I didn't go with the stinger - that would be an even bigger PITA to make brackets, drill/tap, etc. Welding is much more fun and way easier. :beer:

thats what i figured, weld it and leave it, no need to take it out unless i wrecked it haha

JRFJ4- said:
I bought 80 feet of 1.75". I'll try to bend something up and see how it comes out. I know where they sell it if I screw up too much.

J.R.

I know the correct measurements for the Metal Tech Nose Guard, but I ain't gonna tell ;p :flipoff2:

never fear i got a measuring tape, he said he'd pay me to measure it HEHE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom