Melett CT26 CHRA for 58020 turbo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I am getting a feeling that my turbo is maxing out at about 2200 rpm, I am guessing there is something wrong with the unit. I went to Melett to buy a replacement chra for 58020 series CT26 for my 91 1HDT and they said they dont have it for that turbo. Any suggestions on the alternate or anybody else who I can pick it up from?

If I Remeber correctly, Melette has all the parts to rebuild your turbo, but not an assembled cartridge. I opted for the supra CHRA, but you will need to source and modify a compressor cover from a 7MGTE, or have your current cover machined to match the new wheel.

I suppose if you wanted to remain 100% stock you could probably buy the supra CHRA, and swap your compressor wheel over to it, would obviously need to be rebalanced though.

If I Remeber correctly, Melette has all the parts to rebuild your turbo, but not an assembled cartridge. I opted for the supra CHRA, but you will need to source and modify a compressor cover from a 7MGTE, or have your current cover machined to match the new wheel.

I suppose if you wanted to remain 100% stock you could probably buy the supra CHRA, and swap your compressor wheel over to it, would obviously need to be rebalanced though.

My issue is I dont have the rite technicians to do the balancing here. SO have to find someone who can sell a CHRA that I can bolt on :-(

I don't know.. I wrote to them and they came back saying they don't make it for this series

That Ebay UK seller is selling legitimate Melett CHRA's (friend of mine bought the Supra CT26 CHRA from that seller and it was perfect). Putting that part number into ToyoDIY brings up the 90-94 HDJ81 1HDT. Pretty sure that is the right part, but maybe get an 1HDT owner here to confirm.

i turboed my 2H and used a ct26 7mgte turbo. Bought a Melett CHRA and it was flawless. I think what you should do is source a used 7mgte ct26 and take advantage of the bigger comprssor wheel, and simply swap over your turbine housing only. Use the new melett cartridge for the 7mgte and you're gonna be golden. I hope others will chime in but that's how i'd go about it.

Last edited:
About 2500, I know I should source a smaller turbine housing but I'm ok for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom