Mechanic recommendations in Brooklyn/Queens? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm still shopping for a 470, but I will need someone local I can trust who knows these things. I live in Rockaway Beach, so Brooklyn or Queens is preferred, but western LI isn't out of the question.
Any suggestions?

Sheesh... I searched all over. I'm a member of 4runners.com and T4R.org, and I also checked Tacoma sites and general Toyota sites... NOTHING! I thought I would at least find some stuff in LI (which would likely be too far, anyway), but the NYC metro area seems devoid of any good independent shops. Ugh.

I know two good places out here. One in Baldwin, the other further out in St. James. Baldwin is a little more expensive, the guy in St. James knows Toyota’s and Lexus well, and reasonable pricing, just takes his time. let me know if interested, I will PM their info.

Interested in this as well. I am close to you and my mechanic is in flushing Queens. He's the best and worth the drive but I wouldn't mind having someone closer for minor maintenance that also knows these vehicles.

I don’t have any local “anything” that I trust. Hence, this thread!
The problem is… all the shops nearby seem sketchy and the one I’ve taken my Subaru to, I don’t trust. But I live on the outskirts of NYC- Rockaway Beach.
Ron, do you have a local place you go to for undercoating services?

I don’t have any local “anything” that I trust. Hence, this thread!
The problem is… all the shops nearby seem sketchy and the one I’ve taken my Subaru to, I don’t trust. But I live on the outskirts of NYC- Rockaway Beach.
I know the area well. I just sold my WRX and got a 470 so I know what you mean.

You can try this place in Roxbury. My dad uses them. Probably a little pricey considering the location but they know what they're doing.

Not sure what kind of Subaru you have or how far you're willing to drive but there's a shop on 18th Ave in bensonhurst I can recommend as well.

I know the area well. I just sold my WRX and got a 470 so I know what you mean.

You can try this place in Roxbury. My dad uses them. Probably a little pricey considering the location but they know what they're doing.

Not sure what kind of Subaru you have or how far you're willing to drive but there's a shop on 18th Ave in bensonhurst I can recommend as well.
Thanks.
It’s a Forester… I’ve never liked it, but we bought it in 2017 (it was 3 years old) and have had ZERO problems. I’m in my 50’s and I’ve never owned a trouble-free car in my life (aside from this one). I had a 4Runner long ago and want to get back to that sorta thing- the GX470 is more (exactly) what I want.

I've got a good shop in Brooklyn that I have been going to for about 20 years. They know GX's, mine have been getting serviced there for many years. I can do undercoating there on demand if you'd like as well...

^ Trio Auto Center
3413 Fort Hamilton Pkwy, Brooklyn, NY 11218

I know two good places out here. One in Baldwin, the other further out in St. James. Baldwin is a little more expensive, the guy in St. James knows Toyota’s and Lexus well, and reasonable pricing, just takes his time. let me know if interested, I will PM their info.
I went to the place in St. James, knowledgeable guy... Still waiting for a call back for parts after 2.5 months... so yeah, they sure take their time. lol

I went to the place in St. James, knowledgeable guy... Still waiting for a call back for parts after 2.5 months... so yeah, they sure take their time. lol
Need to follow up often, otherwise it gets put off. I don’t mind the wait, it opens a space in my driveway when I leave a vehicle there for project. If it’s something you need within a specific time frame, just tell him and check back every couple days, it will get done quicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom