Master Cylinder/ABS solenoid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Guys, we've finally got the place where I need to replace the OEM Master Cylinder and ABS module on our 2003 100s. We are right at 280K miles and the solenoid will not pass the startup checks. I have the ABS light, Brake light and VSC light illuminated. I read a few threads on here and it does pump up upon key on if you deplete the reservoir by pumping the brake pedal and does so in about 17 seconds. But the pre check that triggers the solenoid doesn't click that I can tell. From my investigation and debug I think the solenoid is bad.

I'm thinking replace the whole thing vs trying to repair just the solenoid block. Where are you all getting this part and what is the correct one for my vehicle? Last part of VIN (32044331). The local Toyota Dealer said he wasn't sure he could locate one and it was astronomical in price through him anyways... I see that Amazon has one, but not sure of the manufacture of these (says Toyota...) for $739.74. I'm not in an emergency situation, but want to get the part in order to do the repair during my time off around the Holidays. The vehicle has no fluid leaks around the MC and drives the same as always, but will not have ABS or Traction control if needed in an emergency stop; so we need to get this remedied.

Let me know what you guys have experienced and where you got your parts. Thanks in Advance guys, Clay

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom