Marv (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry for the delay in responses folks. Marv is currently and has been at the paint shop getting any touchups completed and a final buff and detail. I had the paint shop redo the roof as they missed replacing the seam sealer on the drip rails. As well they gouged the paint when they installed the overhead rack. The painter I use is good quality but he lacks some experience when it comes to cosmetic restorations and the completion in terms of final assembly and customer approval. Hoping to have some more updates here shortly so please stay tuned! I have a few of my own touches that I hope will be received well.....cannot wait!

Updates - getting close

22290663_1983278638576048_625148383_o.jpg

22292183_1983278665242712_231108570_o.jpg

22323778_1983278621909383_2060740608_o.jpg

So a little on the update. Painter is going hard to get this baby back in the hands of its owner. When we loaded it onto the trailer to have the paint touched up we noticed that the paint had pulled back or shrunk...so it wasnt very smooth on the blue. It was only on the drivers side that did this. This is Sherwin Williams paint with the correct paint codes for 1975. She is back to her original colors and loving every minute of it.
When it gets returned to me I will be doing the rear carpet provided by Trail Tailor. We went with the long carpet just like the FJ60. Stay Tuned!

Looking really good!

A little late night AUTOCAD work or early morning if you prefer. This is one of the few small touches I am making. Will be making these rear vent covers out of aluminum or steel and will be cutting them on a wateret. Anyone else need some of these while I am making more? No more brittle plastic!

Rad. I'd be down for a set. I'll be watching... :)

Do you plan on spot welding the two front fender pieces back together before installing? I'll be painting with the pieces separated like you have done but I don't have a good plan for getting the fenders reinstalled. Thanks!

Coming Home from the paint shop!

full

full

Just a few pictures to keep the villagers at bay with their pitchforks (JMack....LOL). Progress has been slow. I was bogged down by the painter then I had to have some surgery to fix some medical issues....hopefully....It was supposed to be a fast recovery but I had to have some complications. Going on 2 months now and Bob the owner has been very patient and understanding. The more I see her in the shop the more I drool at how amazing this paint combination is. I can't post too many updates until Bob approves of the finished product. So do your best and try not to throw as much rotten fruit and veggies until you see the final product. Coming soon to a car show near you!

Kaleb has really been fighting his medical issue and I keep having to remind him that his health should be the #1 priority. Kaleb has promised a few surprises for me in the finished product so its a good thing we are out of town for our winter hide from the snow, so I dont break into the shop for a peek. Marv had already had Disc Brakes, Power Steering, H55, Confer 55 Gal Tank, internal Roll Bar, FJ60 Diffs and few other goodies done so looking forward to Marv being my daily driver, and travel dingy. My first FJ55 was a Company (Toyota) car in 1972. The love goes on.

Kaleb has really been fighting his medical issue and I keep having to remind him that his health should be the #1 priority. Kaleb has promised a few surprises for me in the finished product so its a good thing we are out of town for our winter hide from the snow, so I dont break into the shop for a peek. Marv had already had Disc Brakes, Power Steering, H55, Confer 55 Gal Tank, internal Roll Bar, FJ60 Diffs and few other goodies done so looking forward to Marv being my daily driver, and travel dingy. My first FJ55 was a Company (Toyota) car in 1972. The love goes on.

That sounds incredible!
I would love to 5-speed my little Miss Javelina...

Coming Home from the paint shop!

full

Just a few pictures to keep the villagers at bay with their pitchforks (JMack....LOL).

I bet @J Mack is just wondering why you didn't paint it Nebula Green and white...

Any issues with the headliner install over the soundproofing? Marv looks awesome. Mud needs a 'love' button because the 'like' one isn't cutting it. :)

20180708_120623.jpg
a little teaser shot? Show some leg? Bob will be following up with some more teasers....keep you guys turning pages for the centerfold!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom