March ROTM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ran this today, it was a good day for it, but it was a super quick trip..High tailed it out there and back in 6 hours. I met up with a few other Toyotas there was one guy in an FJ that said the river was passable. But when I had a look it's high, too high for stock rigs that's for sure, and I was hesitant I'd even go through with my 4Runner. I recommend no one touches it without diff breathers. So I think this was a great thought but perhaps we should look at another location. While there is some camping areas on the side you come in on, I'm not certain we'd all be able to camp together.

I'm still keen on doing an overnight run, I looked a few other options but I'm having trouble. Either need to cross water or need a state land trust permit, does anyone have any ideas on where we could go this weekend?

Alternatively we can go run sheep's bridge and just scatter ourselves in various places with a central fire pit location? Thoughts??

I was just getting ready to post that we are in (which means: two Land Cruisers, one trailer, two adults, four children and one dog (6 year-old lab)).
Our kids really want to camp, and by water is a plus.

What about by the East Verde River, down by Baby Doll Ranch? We did a run back in 2014, but did not camp. It might fill up quickly though, as in maybe Friday evening. I am not positive, maybe someone else knows.
August ROTM 2014 - Payson 8/31/2014

Ron,

I assume that question is for Kirk, right?

This looks like a fun one guys. Sorry we will be gone. Have a great time!

So, is the north route, via FR 269 out of the question? I have never been to Sheep's bridge, so please excuse my ignorance.

Route is out Cave Creek road through seven springs, it is a very long dirt road. Think Red Creek plus another hour or more to sheeps bridge.

I'm thinking I'm in if we get a water location.

I went North through Cave Creek, that road is fine. I left by heading out to the North Entrance along I-17, I don't recommend this route, it has a lot of switch backs and steep grade, ok for leaving the area but is going to be rough on brakes on the way in.

It's only at Sheep's bridge itself where water is an issue. Was thinking about it last night again, and I say we stick with this plan, worst case scenario we camp here 34.077903, -111.705541, on the North side of the bridge. It's large enough that we can all camp together with a calming gentle rapid background noise. I have no doubt we'll figure it out.

I'll post the meeting point in the first post of this thread with times and locations. Thanks everyone for their input!

Is anyone going to be fishing? Was thinking about packing some stuff.

I think at least one person that is coming with me is. And I was thinking about bringing my canoe.

So Tina is going to try and make @Cruzrmama "healthy cookies" and bring them on the run. We figure this might get @Rudster or @Otter to come along.

See you on Saturday.

So Tina is going to try and make @Cruzrmama "healthy cookies" and bring them on the run. We figure this might get @Rudster or @Otter to come along.

See you on Saturday.
Unfortunately I will not be able to make this run which means more cookies for everyone else !!!!! Enjoy the run and be safe..

We'll be doing some more local camping this weekend by Chimney Rock off Reddington. Have fun ya'll!

Looks like we will likely be out as well. I was thinking this would be an easy run down I-17 to BB Rd, but alas it got longer. Now, I get to go house hunting instead. Have fun, the weather looks perfect!

Looking like fun and fun are entirely different ideas. You first. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom