Man-a-fre 38 gallon fuel tank? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lcgeek

Glad to meet you!
Threads
Curious if any local folks have installed one of these?

Long Range Replacement Fuel Tank FJ80 - Man-A-Fre

Pricey I know, but I'm considering all options for more range. Unfortunately when one does not have @LandCruiserPhil fab skills to install one's own secondary tank, he must pay the piper.

Any input on this tank or other options out there appreciated. I am looking for a turn key solution that somebody else can install for me....walks away in shame :redface: without necessary skilz :wrench:

Curious if any local folks have installed one of these?

Long Range Replacement Fuel Tank FJ80 - Man-A-Fre

Pricey I know, but I'm considering all options for more range. Unfortunately when one does not have @LandCruiserPhil fab skills to install one's own secondary tank, he must pay the piper.

Any input on this tank or other options out there appreciated. I am looking for a turn key solution that somebody else can install for me....walks away in shame :redface: without necessary skilz :wrench:

I have one installed on my Turbo 80 and @yjeff has one on his LX450 if you want a visual.

Yes please! If you could post a pic or two would be wonderful.

Not a lot to see/show it hangs down about 2" below the frame, takes up a lot of room with a very tight fit. Mine was installed in '97 not sure if there has been changes since?

No worries, I misinterpreted your first post as an invitation for pictures.

Great. Thanks. Did you get if rom manafre or somewhere else?

FIFTEEN HUNNERT DOLLA'S?!? (Plus installation).

How often do you run more than 300mi at a time? I ended up with 2x Eagle 5gal tanks, and I think I was still under a hundred bucks, all in - but that still only gets me to 35gal, total...

How often do you run more than 300mi at a time? I ended up with 2x Eagle 5gal tanks, and I think I was still under a hundred bucks, all in - but that still only gets me to 35gal, total...

▲This▲

It has taken me several years to find the need (I only address a problem once I have it 3 times) for an Aux tank mostly because I travel solo and travel a lot.

Having both a 80 LR and 80 Aux tank set up I would take the Aux tank over the LR tank. Maybe a little more involved depending on how you go about it. For me its comforting when the fuel light comes on I know without question I have 5 gals in my main tank and 15 in my Aux tank (Many claim the aux tank is only 13.2 but my set up from day one will hold 15 gals after several test).

How often do you run more than 300mi at a time?

Where do you carry your 2 eagle tanks?

▲This▲

It has taken me several years to find the need (I only address a problem once I have it 3 times) for an Aux tank mostly because I travel solo and travel a lot.

Granted, I have not run out of gas yet...but it seems like I'm always thinking about where the next gas station is ;)

I've carried them inside the back, but not recommended due to fumes. Soon to be on a Prinsu Roof Rack cage in front of my RTT for overlanding.

I've carried them inside the back, but not recommended due to fumes. Soon to be on a Prinsu Roof Rack cage in front of my RTT for overlanding.

Ok, thanks.

I have a main tank replacement by LRA, you can come see it in person.

Nice to meet you Jeff, and thanks for letting me check out your LRA gas tank and very capable rig. Nice truck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom