Major Nelson 60 Series Trail Tailor Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be a dumb question, but why does the section where the tailgate mounts not get paint? Does it get painted later?

With the hatch going over the tailgate it misses the top of the tailgate. So they remove and spray it and then attach after curing.

J

A few pics for the crowd..

J

PXL_20211103_200627174.jpg
PXL_20211103_200655463.jpg
PXL_20211103_200709515.jpg
PXL_20211103_200003696.jpg

J, gotta thank your painter for me. Beautiful work!

In all honesty I'm questioning if my wife's going to be comfortable driving a 5 speed. Right now I think she'll just end up stealing my 60 which has an LS/4L65E setup. She's been driving it around a bunch lately. Long term (year or less, depending on J's availability) I see sending my current 60 heading up to Trail Tailor for an 80 coil/axle conversion too. Then in 2yrs or less I see the white one heading back up for an LS conversion (have to see how much a like or dislike the 2F with the H55F trans). If I do go the LS route with this one I might just have to go with the LSA! Only downside I see right now is I'm going to have 2 60's that I'm afraid to get scratched up. :meh:

In all honesty I'm questioning if my wife's going to be comfortable driving a 5 speed. Right now I think she'll just end up stealing my 60 which has an LS/4L65E setup. She's been driving it around a bunch lately. Long term (year or less, depending on J's availability) I see sending my current 60 heading up to Trail Tailor for an 80 coil/axle conversion too. Then in 2yrs or less I see the white one heading back up for an LS conversion (have to see how much a like or dislike the 2F with the H55F trans). If I do go the LS route with this one I might just have to go with the LSA! Only downside I see right now is I'm going to have 2 60's that I'm afraid to get scratched up. :meh:

LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA!!!

And you know how it works - scratches build character.

Excited for you man & congrats.

LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA, LSA!!!

And you know how it works - scratches build character.

Excited for you man & congrats.

LSA is NLA, discontinued. Unless you find a used one, there are no more available in the GM system right now. I've asked my GM rep and 3 warehouse centers... HA!

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom