LX570 Running Board Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Searched but couldn't find anything specific, is it possible to do this? Seems like I read somewhere that there were issues with dumping the running boards on the 200. Thanks

To answer your question, yes, you can remove them, but you might not like how they look unless you also swap out the adjoining body panel with the LC counterpart.
20151231_153037.jpg

If you look closely at where the ends of the running boards meet with the body, you can see how they curve up. The LCs are not like this, so either you end up with these portions missing, or you replace the body panel.
Seems like an expensive option to me, which is why I still have mine.

To answer your question, yes, you can remove them, but you might not like how they look unless you also swap out the adjoining body panel with the LC counterpart. View attachment 1372463

If you look closely at where the ends of the running boards meet with the body, you can see how they curve up. The LCs are not like this, so either you end up with these portions missing, or you replace the body panel.
Seems like an expensive option to me, which is why I still have mine.
Thank you, If i swap out my 470 for the 5, looks like I'm keeping the boards.

That's what I'm doing too.... but I'm keeping the 100 too. :)

Couldn't the plastic part be trimmed and retained. Kind of like you have to do when putting bumpers on a 200.

It would be nice if someone is able to come up with a low profile rub rail type slider that sits just underneath the stock steps. Not necessarily for full blown rock sliding action. Just some added protection to the steps/cab

I believe Christo replaced the body panel on his 570 with one from an LC to accommodate sliders. Haven't searched, but price wasn't outrageous, compared to all the other stuff we throw on these trucks. Ping Ben at sleeoffroad.com, he'll know.

We did it on the shop LX. The covers come painted, so I bought silver 200 series ones and the color was a pretty close match. Most people would not see the difference.

We looked at doing an integrated slider for the running board, but ended up abandoning that idea.

Here is a pic of the sliders installed.
DSCN1675.JPG

DSCN1876.JPG

We did it on the shop LX. The covers come painted, so I bought silver 200 series ones and the color was a pretty close match. Most people would not see the difference.

We looked at doing an integrated slider for the running board, but ended up abandoning that idea.

Here is a pic of the sliders installed. View attachment 1373015

View attachment 1373016

Dang, that's pretty. Can we remount the integrated step lights to keep my wife happy? ;)

Christo- are those normal LC sliders? Any issues due to AHC components?

Did the LC rocker panels bolt right up in place of the running boards?

Dang, that's pretty. Can we remount the integrated step lights to keep my wife happy? ;)

It's pretty indeed, and pretty even though Christo snapped a photo with crud and road spray all over the thing!

I saw it when it was clean, and it does look very nice. It's got a much smoother look than their LC sliders.

Sliders are not 200 Series Sliders. They are LX570 specific. The install on the rocker panel plastic is relatively easy but we prepared to get new clips for those that break.

As for light, have not looked into it. I would rather suggest getting an LED rock light and using the existing wiring to power that.

That looks nice.... only one problem... they are not on MY LX.:frown:

Sliders are not 200 Series Sliders. They are LX570 specific. The install on the rocker panel plastic is relatively easy but we prepared to get new clips for those that break.

As for light, have not looked into it. I would rather suggest getting an LED rock light and using the existing wiring to power that.

Any timeline for the availability of the LX sliders? Also bumper update?

ok guys, so i managed to find a rock with my LH side step at land cruiser park on the weekend...

has anyone got proper rocksliders available for me to purchase or am i making my own?

thanks guys

Looks like ill buy a bender and build them myself!

I wonder how hard itd be to freight to the states
Because I'm fair certain im.notnthe only one wanting these but i bet most owners are stateside lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom