LX470 Overheat Damage? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at a 2000 LX470 with ~106k miles. In looking at the service history there is an event at 57k miles that states:
-CUSTOMER STATES VEH OVERHEATS AND IT TAKES ONLY ABOUR 5 MINS TO GO OVER MAX HEAT ON GAUGE. T-STAT STUCK CLOSED INSTALLED NEW T-STAT COOLANT TEMP IS NORMAL. FOUND P0115 COOLANT TEMP. MALFUNCTION. CHECKED COOLANT TEMP SENSOR IT IS IN FACTORY SPEC.

And event at 86k miles that states:
- LOW FREQUENCY NOISE COMING FROM THE ENGINE AFTER STARTING UP THE VEHICLE. NOISE IS ~|~GUEST STATES A LOW FREQUENCY NOISE COMING FROM THE ENGINE AFTER STARTING UP THE VEHICLE. NOISE IS HEARD ONLY WHEN THE ENGINE IS COLD AND LASTS ONLY FOR A SHORT TIME.

My questions:
-Does anyone have any thoughts that these might be related or am I connecting dots that are not there?
-More importantly, the engine overheat incident is concerning. Is there any way to tell if the engine got hot enough to cause damage? The overheat happened ~50k miles ago. Should I be worried?

Other than the above the service history is pretty clean with the exception of some passenger side mirror complaints and two instances of misfires due to bad ignition coils.

Do you hear the noise on cold start?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom