Lx470 Ditch Lights (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been thinking about getting some ditch lights for my 2006 LX470. Does anyone have any good recommendations as far as brackets and LEDs go?

Also, what would be the best setup? What all would one need to get everything up and working?

Thanks

Massive Metal Shop -(Mud vendor) sells the brackets- you supply the light. @reznunt

For lights... look at the forum vendor @Victory 4x4 as they are a BajaDesigns vendor.
I am planning to eventually throw some ditch lights on my LC with the S2 Pro from Baja Designs. No need for the huge 4 light pods, two light in the beam/fog pattern will be fine for the mountain road driving I do.

Massive Metal Shop -(Mud vendor) sells the brackets- you supply the light. @reznunt

Thanks!

Very useful thread! Now can some one tell me how much wind noise do these add? I once had a pair of them on my truck using these mounts:
Amazon product ASIN B075ST6N3G
And it worked pretty good - I almost never used the ditch lights so I ended up taking them off

Very useful thread! Now can some one tell me how much wind noise do these add? I once had a pair of them on my truck using these mounts:
And it worked pretty good - I almost never used the ditch lights so I ended up taking them off

No wind noise as far as I can tell.

Resurrecting an old thread but a few more options

I went with the Ronin’s. These mount on the sideview mirror.

Do these work for our cars? Got Amazon special lights. So don't want to dish out on prospeed and massive metal shop. I am thinking about the clamp method or a magnet. Magnetic Base

Do these work for our cars? Got Amazon special lights. So don't want to dish out on prospeed and massive metal shop. I am thinking about the clamp method or a magnet. Magnetic Base
They worked great for me. I am not sold on magnetic mounts. They can be easily taken by unscrupulous bystanders and also tend to scratch up the paintwork :(

They worked great for me. I am not sold on magnetic mounts. They can be easily taken by unscrupulous bystanders and also tend to scratch up the paintwork :(
Thanks! Ordered both and will test them out. Agreed on the bystander part since people actually go through the hassle of unbolting lights magnets would be an easy snatch. Have you mounted an auxbeam or similar? What did you use to mount on the interior?

I just ordered the Amazon “lasfit” 3” light pods to give them a go. Cheap and had good enough reviews. Also went with the prospeed rack brackets as they seem a little more low profile than others that are available.

2D190888-1514-4C9A-B6A9-201E46F63DE1.jpeg

Thanks! Ordered both and will test them out. Agreed on the bystander part since people actually go through the hassle of unbolting lights magnets would be an easy snatch. Have you mounted an auxbeam or similar? What did you use to mount on the interior?
Assuming you mean by Auxbeam the 6 or 8 switch panel? I chose to use this Voswitch because it provides actual relays for each circuit, instead of just a fuse. Amazon product ASIN B07VZYG6Z2
I have mounted it using @BenCC printed mounted in the center console where sunglass holder used to be. It could have as easily been just velcro-ed to a convenient spot near the gear selector or on the left side of the steering wheel. In any case, that what mine looks like, at the moment:
20220526_162844.jpg

Been thinking about getting some ditch lights for my 2006 LX470. Does anyone have any good recommendations as far as brackets and LEDs go?

Also, what would be the best setup? What all would one need to get everything up and working?

Thanks
I went with Ronin's as mentioned here by @dogdaysindurham for $85+ship. Fits all 100 series. I have yet to install them or get my BD Squadron's ordered.

I have had them for about 6 months. Brackets are solid and didn't budge despite driving on some pretty tough tracks this summer

Here you go. I am running Baja Designs Rigid Industries two stage 3x3 lights
20230301_151104.jpg
20230301_151107.jpg
20230301_151119.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom